Jul 24, 2009
Summer in UK, then NZ
Funster No
MH
Cabover
Exp
Since 2002
Hi all

I will be honest…..I have been watching this site for at least a year and chickened out of joining several times. This time, I will be honest enough to admit, that I have completed my registration so that I could post a ‘Wanted’ ad. That said, I do intend to stay around and maybe even participate from time to time.

As part of our (now sold) business (a boatyard on the Norfolk Broads), we had a CL and loved meeting all our visitors. Motorhomes were really taking off in popularity on the site and we felt that was what we wanted too.

We bought our first MH in NZ after a great week in a rented one. That week cost us in the region of £1K, seriously! I'm sure we could have done it cheaper. Anyway.....we bought an ex-rental unseen from Maui. When we arrived in NZ to collect it, it was pretty battered and basic but we still have it, store it there when we’re not using it and love it loads. We use it every winter, so far so good. It's done 180K kilometres.

Extravagant or what, last year we bought a second one to use in the UK and Europe as well. We've just retired and are really like excited puppies, we don't know which way to go first.

Both MHs are overcabs on Sprinter bases. The overcab took a bit of getting used to but having friends along demanded someone sleeping up the ladder.

Friend has arthritis so there was no contest.

What a great way of life. Hubby and I love every minute.

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
Hi Tantalus and welcome to the site they are such a friendly and helpful lot here,hope to see you sometime with tales of your travels.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi tantalus, better late then never:Smile: Welcome to the Fun:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements