Free Member
Apr 13, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I AM A NEWBIE
Newish to this forum, looks really good plenty of friendly people on here by the looks,
We are buying our first MH having got rid on our tourer and are looking to full time and live off grid what is the thing with long term sites, i have been told that you can only stay 28 days on any one? yet i have read of people staying months at a time. are there some sites that wont let you and some that don't care as long as they get paid?

Any tips or advise that you all give would be most welcome
Looking forward to being a part of the MH community.
many thanks
Jack

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
hello smiley.gif

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I guess you are talking about the UK. It is a lot easier in Europe although there are time limits on aires - but there are a lot more places to free camp than there are here. Weather generally better too so you will save on heating!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi welcome to the forum it's the best one around by far and the best £10 you will ever spend
bill

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, and welcome to Fun.

The 28 day rule is all to do with the local authority licence that the sites operate under. You just have to be off site for a couple of days then you can go back for another 28 days.

From my fairly limited experience of full timing I would say the main thing is to keep a low profile so that the local council, site neighbours etc don't get upset. We stayed on one site for a few weeks and there were people with full size fridge freezers and large dining sets set up permanently in their caravan awnings, really obvious that they were living there all the time.

A seasonal pitch on a site is probably what you need (we had one), not especially cheap but it does give you a base.

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back