Hi All we're on the move

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Forestboy, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Hiya All,
    Not been on lately internet connction and e-mail pretty hit n miss where we are.
    Weather is fantastic in the mid to high 80s everyday. Watched Dolphins playing just off the beach yesterday and Pelicans pinching a fishermans bait.

Finally got a car and had it fitted to the rig for towing (photo) plus Jan talked me into having a washer dryer fitted (more money) reckon we'll save the cost in about 250 years :Rofl1:

We're heading off to Alligator Alley tomorrow to spend a few days in the Everglades then back up the East coast past Miami to spend a couple more days camped on the beach at Cape Canaveral. Then Nashville and Memphis, keep you posted when we can, see you guys :thumb::thumb:
    Rory & Jan (stil dancing)

[​IMG]

2. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

Nice one Ror i'ts great to hear you are having fun and the weathers good. It's poxy here at the moment and a cold snap comming in from up north for a few days. So spare a thought for us poor souls, maybe not just carry on having fun.:Rofl1:
    Safe driving :thumb:

3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Great stuff Rory & Jan. you seem to be enjoying yourselves:BigGrin: we are having a bit of a heatwave here in Wales as well:Cool:

4. Lindy-C

Lindy-C Deleted User

Its decidedly soggy in the Cotswolds at the moment (just for a change).........have yourselves a great time! :BigGrin:

5. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Hi Rory,
    Good to see your having a good time and the weathers good.

Weathers great here to, cold, damp and wet. :Sad:

6. brianju

brianju Funster

Wow !! - nice looking RV :thumb::thumb:

Great travels - Brian & Julia

Don't let Jan talk you into gator boots and a handbag :BigGrin:

7. martyn

martyn Read Only Funster

Hi Ror, If you are going to Memphis, you have got to take a trip to Graceland.I am sure there is a camp ground behind Heartbreak Hotel, on Elvis Presley Blvd.where we stayed in 2004.Graceland is just across the road from the hotel.Have a great time......Martyn :thumb:

8. vanessa

vanessa Deleted User

Sounds like you're having a great trip! Enjoy the rest of it:Wink:

9. RuthRv

RuthRv Read Only Funster

Hi rory and Jan, good to hear from you, (i am not jealous honest) looks like you are having the trip of a lifetime, nice rig and car, watch them alligators rory don't upset jan before you go though (or she will be giving your bike away) washing machine nice one jan, keep in touch when you can, see you soon
    love ruth:BigGrin:

10. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Right ! your gettin on me nerves now Countryboy soakin up all that sun :shout:

Thats an awsome looking rig Rory but whats the toad :thumb:

Hope you have a great time mate but hurry home we're missing you and Jan

11. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

Hi Guys,

Have fun "playing" with the gaitors.

Perhaps Jan could persuade them in a bit closer.:RollEyes:

[​IMG]

Nice rig Guys.

12. TJ-RV

TJ-RV Deleted User

That's correct Martyn; It's right across the street from Graceland. Not a very good campground IMO. If I were going there again (highly unlikely), I'd stay at Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River RV Park in West Memphis, which is actually in Arkansas. A much nicer campground on the River and an easy drive to Graceland.

Their web site currently has a note about the campground being closed due to high water, but a phone call would confirm if it's OK.

When we were headed to that campground, we were driving through a run down area, and we eventually turned around half a mile from the campground. Everyone I've talked with has said we should have kept going. We ended up behind the Graceland Hotel.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time going to Memphis, but the missus just had to go there. Nashville OTOH was well worth a trip and The Grand Old Opry is a definite must. They have live radio and TV shows broadcast from there every week, and it's fun being in the audience.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2008