hi all can anyone enlighten me? (1 Viewer)

brindle

Free Member
Jul 4, 2011
hampshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt foster & day
Exp
since 2009
Hi all , newish to motorhoming since 2009 brought a 25yr old van mercedes coachbuilt by foster and day,with view to tidying it up and making good use travelling the country. been camping since early 70's.
After bit of advice need to purchase fuel cap for van anyone out tyhere where to locate one or perhaps you have one for sale? Have temporary one at moment but failed mot due to cap? have sorted it temporary but need to find cap sometime before next years mot.Thanks :thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi and welcome.
my other half debbie used to work at a petrol station and she has said they used to keep all the fuel caps that were left on the pumps in a big tub so you could try the old " i filled up with fuel the other day and must have left my cap on the pump has anyone handed it in??? " routine you may get lucky as they used to just give you the tub to rummage through.
otherwise try a couple of breakers yards.

i presume that when you say old merc you mean the square 308 type in which case i may have one at work. i will have to check for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

brindle

Free Member
Jul 4, 2011
hampshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt foster & day
Exp
since 2009
fuel cap

:thumb:Hiya aba, the old merc is a 207d have tried a couple of scrap yards with no luck found one 207 van but because of the coachbuilt body wouldn,t fit anyway thanks for your help i'm sure i will find one eventually.

OP
OP
B

brindle

Free Member
Jul 4, 2011
hampshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt foster & day
Exp
since 2009
Foster and day

:shout:hi Rainbowchasers, no luck with foster and day leisure must have closed down but many thanks i will find one somewhere.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back