Dolgarrog

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
conwy
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt3
Exp
We are very new to all this. Bought our motorhome last week closely followed by ferry tickets to Spain, departing in 2 weeks. Our plan is to stay on a few sites but mostly wild camp. We may visit Portugal. Can anyone give us advice on the law regarding wild camping? Is it legal? Are they pretty relaxed? Do you get moved on or on-the-spot fines?

Also, any recommended places to stop over?

Thanks.

patyogi

Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Deal, Kent
Funster No
MH
self convert, left hooker
Exp
too long
Wildy all the way

No probs in Spain except the 'golden mile' From Benidorm down to Torre- bacon n egg, most stop over places have been spoiled by our euro companions, now you got height barriers.
BUT if you go inland about 10/20 clicks you can park up (sensibly) in lovely little town/villages.
Leave nothing but yr tire prints is the rule, use the supemarches, talk to the locals, well hola anyway.
Portugal be more devious, again euro peeps well spoiled it.
Apart from that you will find from France to Port, Spain, Germany, Italy the locals will be welcoming. Get on the road and enjoy. :Cool:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi ,i would advise you google spanish 08/v-74 instructions from the general direction of traffic on the motor caravan.
it takes abit of understanding but its because the translation isnt good. but believe me it works .
park sensibly put nothing outside. dont have steps that touch the floor .
another one to google is portal camping car portugal. all simiar info. but again it works . thanks once more to momo for passing on this very usefull info years ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
welcome and you are brave

Welcome and you are brave.. just taken delivery and off to europe.. most owners check them out in the UK for a while.. One of our members thought his vehicle was all good as he got it from a dealer and broke down with brakes in switzerland.. had a hell of a bill over €1000 ..

I would get the vehicles checked and make sure you know a lot about it... If you have not been to europe before remember the requirements like yellow jackets, warning triangles, first aid box, bulbs

have you got the power leads you need? I presume you will want to EHU some time? gas adaptors? ADAC cover? for breakdowns.. covers all europe and the UK.. it is German and has 17m members more than a breakdown service. 101 things you need for a long trip.

Anyway good luck and welcome to the forum.. oh by the way best £10 you will ever pay is the subscription to this site.. all that information at the end of the internet regardless where you are.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard - 6 today

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
We are very new to all this. Bought our motorhome last week closely followed by ferry tickets to Spain, departing in 2 weeks. Our plan is to stay on a few sites but mostly wild camp. We may visit Portugal. Can anyone give us advice on the law regarding wild camping? Is it legal? Are they pretty relaxed? Do you get moved on or on-the-spot fines?

Also, any recommended places to stop over?

Thanks.

Hi Dolgarrog :welcomefunster:

You can download both the English & Spanish versions of the Instruction here:

Link Removed

Also lots of other information for Spain in the downloads file. :thumb:

Enjoy your trip.

Momo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.