HEY, THERE'S A NEW MOTORHOMER IN MY LOCALE! (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Drove to the local dump today (sorry, re-cycling facility ;)) and "Hello" I thought, haven't seen that before. There on this driveway was a spick & span MH in showroom condition.

What made me look even harder was that it was on the enormous drive of a £600,000 house! (Bet the neighbours thought it brought down the tone :nerd:)

The way the guy was looking at it and climbing in and out, it's gotta be a recent acquisition. He was still peering through the hab door on my return journey.

Question is, do I go and say hello? I would love to have a nose, make friends and offer help. Tell him about MHF even.

Should I approach him? Don't really want the "F. O. and mind your own business" speech.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I would go and say hello, and have a wee nosey inside. Mum loves looking in other folks MHs, gives her ideas :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
£600.000 house ? new Mh ?....... I think you could be right,he COULD.... work for the "Foreign Office ".....
Tea Bag

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
IMO You should go talk to him I carry MHF cards and find them a good ice breaker .
have never had on refused in the UK or over here.

Mel

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Definitely stop say hello I often do, don't think I have ever had anyone not happy to chat , bet he will be pleased to meet someone who knows what they are talking about. :Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Absolutely !! Money does not maketh the man as they say, but motorhome ownership def does..

Birth, death and motorhome ownership are the great levellers !

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Sounds like a travellers scout to me. The rest will be waiting for the dust to settle before they arrive in numbers. (y)

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Heh heh. LOVED the 'ask to use his toilet' post :D

Jim gave me some of those cards at one of the rallies, but I can't find them at the mo'.

Apart from the MH being parked at a posh gaff, it's also unusual because there don't appear to be many motorhomes in Essex. Oop North, there seems to be more than you can shake a stick at!

Anyway, have decided to go and say hello and at least I will be more professional in my approach than the top three comments that I've had:-
  • Passer-by. "Do you actually go out in it?"
  • My daughter. "You bought what? Oh dad how embarrassing!"
  • My mucky-minded mate. "Have you christened it yet?"

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Tell you have been in the MH world for years and you can help him "run it in".....................

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Drove to the local dump today (sorry, re-cycling facility ;)) and "Hello" I thought, haven't seen that before. There on this driveway was a spick & span MH in showroom condition.

What made me look even harder was that it was on the enormous drive of a £600,000 house! (Bet the neighbours thought it brought down the tone :nerd:)

The way the guy was looking at it and climbing in and out, it's gotta be a recent acquisition. He was still peering through the hab door on my return journey.

Question is, do I go and say hello? I would love to have a nose, make friends and offer help. Tell him about MHF even.

Should I approach him? Don't really want the "F. O. and mind your own business" speech.
He cant be all that well off if he's living in a house at the re-cycling place......Are you sure the MH is not awaiting conversion into 20,000 Chinese teaspoons?? :)

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Cheek :D It's nice round 'ere and miles from Dale Farm!

Frank Bruno, Kenny Ball and the so-called Romford Pelé, (Ray Parlour) all lived a stone's throw away. Not exactly 'A'- listers I admit, but there's loads of celeb's close-by. Even the girls around here have all their tattoos spelt the right way :D

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Cheek :D It's nice round 'ere and miles from Dale Farm!

Frank Bruno, Kenny Ball and the so-called Romford Pelé, (Ray Parlour) all lived a stone's throw away. Not exactly 'A'- listers I admit, but there's loads of celeb's close-by. Even the girls around here have all their tattoos spelt the right way :D
Essex....gods own county but attempting to convincing them from north of Watford could fall on deaf ears.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back