Hey Fulltimers - what do you do all day? (1 Viewer)

suntorfan

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Compass 2 berth
Exp
since March 09
I can only dream to join you one day - but tell me - what do you get up to all day? how do you pass the time? Do you prefer to stay in one spot or keep moving on for new experiences?:Smile:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
It's not too different to a retired person living in a house. Still have cleaning, cooking, washing, etc. etc. etc. to do.
Sometimes I stay for longish periods and sometimes I don't.
I think the point is that I can do what I want to do, I'm not tied to anywhere.

I do know though, that the days just fly by and I wonder how I ever found the time to go out to work all those years ago.

Pete:Cool:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, not really a fulltimer just spend alot of time travelling. today made a new wardrobe for my truck. other people keep complaining theres only space for my stuff. they were right. you dont have to full time to have fun,i try to have fun every day wether here or abroad. just try to keep following the sun. the birds know what to do ,go south in the winter then you can have eternal summer. try it you might like it. lots do and most keep doing it. cheers alan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
I agree with both the previous posts.
I met a fellow in La Manga who had been fulltiming with his wife for three years. Then she died. He went home for a bit but then decided to carry on alone. Two years down the line and his daughter was very concerned that he wasn't at home for her to care for. She kept saying "What do you do all day?"
His response was, "The rubbish bin is twenty yards from my van door. Taking the rubbish out is an hour and a half's job because of the number of people I stop to chat with."
He is so right.
In what other life can you do that with the reasonable certainty that the people you chat to have the time to chat as long as you want?

We tend to travell around a lot during Spring and Autumn.
Summer is for family visiting.
Winter is for three months or so static in the sun somehere we haven't seen before.

Patrick

May 22, 2008
Funster No
I'm not really full timing ,but we do spend long periods away in our van ,I wonder sometimes where the day has gone ,we get up in the morning and Hey Presto it's time for bed. I must admit when I gave up work at 55 ---,10 years ago I used to think that I should be doing something more constructive with my time besides sitting around enjoying my day, but I would sit in a dark room for 5 minutes and the feeling would go away, what I had to get done Yesterday now can take weeks, but Hey, who cares, this life is not a practice, live it and enjoy.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
I can only dream to join you one day - but tell me - what do you get up to all day? how do you pass the time? Do you prefer to stay in one spot or keep moving on for new experiences?:Smile:

:Cool: We had 7 years of being Mobile/Wild Camping around Europe. Now settled for the 4th Winter on a camp site in Spain.
What do we do all day? In NO particilar order:-
Fly Model Aeroplanes and Helicopters.
Play Guitar and sing songs.
Ride our Mountain Bikes up mountains and down again.
Use our Mountain bikes to vist friends.
Use our Mountain bikes to go shopping or use the Toad if the weather is BAD.
We used to play Tennis bit haven't got the time any more.
Used to play Football but haven't the time any more.
Go to the Indoor Swimming Pool/Jacuzzi/Sauna/Turkish Bath.
Excercise.
Read Books.
And of course SUNBATHE.
And then there is the House, Dog and Cat sitting we do for friends.
Also the odd occasion when we go out for meals with friends.
Also the ODD occasion when we are asked to do a Karaoke in the Bar on the Camp (retired Ocotber 1996. SO only do Karoke for our own persobnal fun and enjoyment when we feel like it).
Attend Barbecues and Parties when Invited.
It gets pretty boring at times when you have NO spare time to yourselves. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ooops. Forgot to mention the Boules we both play and the Knitting that Sandy does.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

The vagabond

Free Member
Mar 6, 2009
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Keeping busy

Hi,
What do we do all day? you must be joking.................anything we like.::bigsmile: We have been full timing for almost three years, one thing that I do is keep a blog about what we get up to full timing, here is a link The Vagabond Trail hope that it is of some use to you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back