Here's a strange one!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Howard H, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Howard H

Howard H Funster Life Member

Just thought I would clean out the garage/locker out on my 10 week old Benimar 294 as I seen to have managed to fill it already, when I noticed the spare wheel that I have never used or even looked at was flat .So I removed it and noticed it had been used before and had a great big bolt in the tyre ,after a quick call to Marqis motorhomes I have dropped it off at their Preston depot where they are going to investigate but got the impression they thought I was pulling a fast one which I am not .any one else heard of any thing like this happening ?

2. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Just a lack of care on the PDI Howard, or they thought they would blag it?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Howard H

I think you are right Badknee but what where they thinking it's not acceptable on a new van. I will see what happens with it this week ,I am just annoyed that I feel guilty ;)

4. Neckender

Neckender Funster

I bet they used your spare on another van that had a puncture.

John.

• Like Like x 3
  5. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

Not on a MH but seen it happen on cars.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Years ago I picked up a new to me car from a major ford dealer and when I looked in the boot there was no spare wheel,the salesman said I will go and get a new one from the stores 5 mins later he came back with a new one I drove off and then I noticed a white coated man running after me so I stopped and he told me to come back into the showroom as my tyres were radial and the stupid salesman had given me a cr ossply tyre a good job he had spotted the salesman taking the wheel .|I have also picked up another car that had no alternator it had been swapped with another and had not been replaced so beware as salesman are a different breed .

• Like Like x 1
  7. Johnnyb

Johnnyb Funster

How many miles had it covered when you bought it? If it was delivered on trade plates it may have had a puncture so used the spare. Bit naughty not to replace the damaged tyre though.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Not wheels, but its not uncommon for parts to be 'nicked' from one new unsold MH to give to the owner of another to keep them happy ... it appears that whoever did it with yours didn't bother to get it sorted afterwards ... one way to tell if it was the original spare would have been to check the tyre production date and compare it to the others, but as they've now got it that's not an option. If you MH was used as a demonstrator before you got it, that could be the reason too if it got a puncture being driven from show to show etc, but it still doesn't excuse the fact that it wasn't replaced.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Howard H

Johnnyb the the van was brand new it was brought up from Ipswich on a transporter so it had about 4 miles on the clock and Minxy Girl I agree with you I think someone has took the p#ss a bit it just makes you wonder what else was missed on the pdi but I am still happy with the van so it's only a tyre which I am sure they will sort (y)

10. davejen

davejen Funster

PDI??? NO SUCH THING ..........
    Cheers, Dave(y)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

PDI = pointless dealer incentive! :D

• Like Like x 1