Here we go Navigation (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Ive just installed Here we go GPS mapping on my android phone and tablet and driven from Leeds to Barnsley and back. For a free app it is extremely good and is better than any other I have tried.

One bit of advice is. If your device is short of storage. First install the app, then go to options and select your memory card, the app will restart. Then install the maps and voices on your SD card. You can run the app without downloading the maps if you have data where you are traveling.

I believe it is available for Iphones and Windows phones also.

It features.

On and offline maps
Voice navigation
Speed limits with warnings
Live Traffic
Maps can be stored on your SD card
World maps available to download

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I think Stevie Wonder could find his way from Leeds to Barnsley and back. One road A61. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Or he could venture on to the M1.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Ive just installed Here we go GPS mapping on my android phone and tablet and driven from Leeds to Barnsley and back. For a free app it is extremely good and is better than any other I have tried.

One bit of advice is. If your device is short of storage. First install the app, then go to options and select your memory card, the app will restart. Then install the maps and voices on your SD card. You can run the app without downloading the maps if you have data where you are traveling.

I believe it is available for Iphones and Windows phones also.

It features.

On and offline maps
Voice navigation
Speed limits with warnings
Live Traffic
Maps can be stored on your SD card
World maps available to download
I have been recommending this for three years, been all around Europe with it(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Here we go GPS mapping

I have had a look on my lappie and asked for a route out of town. Now it isn't wrong and it looks like it took the shortest route but I wouldn't go that way with my van. Inside knowledge !
So on the app can you set dimensions ?
The route I was taken has narrow streets with a lot of parked cars making it a bit tight,
uncomfortably tight ! Tight even without the parked cars !

Edit- just done google maps directions and it is exactly the route I would take, which is exactly what my Cheapie Chinese sat nav agrees too ! I will stick with my Cheapie Chinese kit. but thanks for the alternative.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I think Stevie Wonder could find his way from Leeds to Barnsley and back. One road A61. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Or he could venture on to the M1.
Not quite that simple from my house on the outskirts of leeds. A lot of the satnavs bollox up the crossing the A61 Harrogate road as the cut throughs have been altered and there are new junctions. So A61 north then south A58 M621 M1 A61 plus other back streets.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
But you were only trying to get to Barnsley.:D
I tried route planning other longer routes and they were sensible, but I tested it on a leeds to barnsley trip to see the speed and clearness of the instructions, it perforemed well and rerouted quickly and mor sensibly than a others Ive tried.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I have had a look on my lappie and asked for a route out of town. Now it isn't wrong and it looks like it took the shortest route but I wouldn't go that way with my van. Inside knowledge !
So on the app can you set dimensions ?
The route I was taken has narrow streets with a lot of parked cars making it a bit tight,
uncomfortably tight ! Tight even without the parked cars !
Its not a truck nav so no dimensions, you can set the route priorities..
I have tomtom so I will run it on my tablet as a backup.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Not quite that simple from my house on the outskirts of leeds. A lot of the satnavs bollox up the crossing the A61 Harrogate road as the cut throughs have been altered and there are new junctions. So A61 north then south A58 M621 M1 A61 plus other back streets.

From Moortown Corner, straight down Scott Hall Road, through Leeds on Regent Street, then along Crown Point Road then hang a left on Hunslet Road then follow A61 to Wakey and on to Barnsley
Simples.:LOL:

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
From Moortown Corner, straight down Scott Hall Road, through Leeds on Regent Street, then along Crown Point Road then hang a left on Hunslet Road then follow A61 to Wakey and on to Barnsley
Simples.:LOL:
Not to many satnavs, the A61 at our end has most the cut throughs removed and it confuses them.
I have theTomtom go App as my main satnav but have been playing with this and unlike wayz it has come up with sensible routes each time

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back