Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
australia
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
hi guys
as newbies let me tell you all about our first three day of our adventures.:ROFLMAO:
the van was at last finished i still have installed, the new venetian blinds and the bose sound system, all the other luxuries were done.
i fitted two new steers as the tyres were 9 years old and thought a blown steer could be a problem
ok here we go
we arrive at early arrive stop in dover to find it closed down:roflmto: but you can still stay there but dont park in the bus area as security asks you to move on.
then we got on the ferry to discover the bike rack had fallen down and jamed between the towbar and the car that i am "a" framing luckily no damage to the car or brike rack but i had to spend some time pulling it apart.
then into france where i have given up trying the camping aires as having 35 foot m/h with car is a bit hard to explore .
while we motoring along we heard a loud bang
we stopped and checked but find no faults or damage anywhere.
a day and a half later we discovered the cause of the noise, it was a blown inside rear tyre.
Now the fun starts, the tyre wrench did not fit the wheel nuts so i had to use the emergency service to help...... 595 euro later:Eeek::shout::Angry:
so now i am going to find somewhere near the spainish border and pull up for a week and relax. Ha ha what else could possibly go wrong. Keep you all posted with our adventures.
ps left blinds behind at the dealers

Last edited:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Sorry to hear you are having a bad start! At least you have the right attitude to deal with it, and just enjoy your trip away.

If inner tyre has gone, make sure they are both the same height or new together - as if different heights, the lower one will scuff out and blow - just trying to save you a repeat performance!

(if your fronts were replaced at the same time - same height, put them on the rear together and odds on the front for now!)

OP
OP
P

pkurzok

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
australia
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
thanks
i am going to buy 5 new tyres which what i should have done ib the first place now try find somewhere to stay

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
crikey mate, bad start but hang in there enjoy the rest of trip:thumb:
Time stopped is time to open a tinny:wine::wine:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Blimey, that's one heck of an intro to the frogs! What you might call bad pneus...

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
hi All. This experiance represents a somber lesson we should all take to heart. Before we leave on our jollys, Make shore we do have a wheel braze that fits, that the wheel nuts can be undone by it, and that the last idiot with a wind hammer has not tightened the wheel nuts so tight that it takes a 6ft extension on the wheel braze to undo the blooming nuts. Also that we have jack that can be placed under the rig when a tyre is flat and that it has enough puff to lift lift it loaded.
I always undo all the nuts, grease the studs [ to stop the nuts from rusting up between the nut and the stud] and then re tighten with the wheel braze that will be needed to undo them if a wheel needs to be changed. :thumb:
PK
PS. O god I do go on. :Doh:

OP
OP
P

pkurzok

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
australia
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
yes i think so but didnt releise i had to ring them first will see new to this.
we my speak a similar language but that all we do think differently in oz:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back