Free Member
May 20, 2015
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class 640
Exp
Hi Guys,
I hope you can help me. I have no knowledge of campers/motorhomes, but my wife's grandfather has got quite ill and has asked me to sell his motorhome, I have no idea what it's worth so thought I'd ask here before I put it on ebay.
It's a Rhd 2000 Hymer 640 Mercedes 2800 td 5 berth I think. Now here's the kicker, its mint! It lives in a heated garage that was built for it, and it's only done 13k miles, only he has owned it. It is fully loaded has solar panels, bathroom with shower, interior has been covered from new so is mint. It must have cost him a fortune, so don't want to undervalue it for him, any advice guidance would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Jamie

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Before you put it on eBay stick it on Gumtree for free to test the water so to speak ,9 photos and a good write up will see it fly out have had more success there than eBay good luck (y):)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
And if you do sell it on eBay or Gumtree take only cash or bankers draft in payment - not PayPal as it isn't safe for items collected by the buyer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi, that sounds like a great motorhome .... just the sort of thing we shall probably be looking for in 18 months time.

For £10 you could join up here as a full member and advertise it for free in the classified section.

OP
OP
J

jamie ledingham

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class 640
Exp
Thanks so much for the replies, might be worth a bit more than I thought. Good idea with gumtree haven't sold on there before but might be worth a go.
Thanks
Jamie

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
put it in classified section on here?..some one may grab it as its the right time of year. Spec and photos required..good luck! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
[QUOTE="jamie gumtree haven't sold on there before but might be worth a go.
Thanks
Jamie[/QUOTE]

When / if you do register an email so as to advertise for free .
When you have done the listing and Before you post your ad the is a section :contact by email or by phone People I know who select contact by email have had silly responses .personally I untick that box and select by phone only .and don't respond to any text asking for You to reply to email to whoever they arnt a serious buyer .
Once again good luck (y)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Pleas do go get a independent valuation from several reputabil motorhome dealers if you are selling independent. on any of the sites.
Don't let the motor home out of your site and don't allow test drives un les you go with it with some one you can trust.
Good luck be carful there are lot's of sharks out there.
bill

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
May be to do with the similar threads box below and some sort of algorithms used by Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back