Helpfull Information for Swift owners (1 Viewer)

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
It states in the handbook that if you are in Europe for over 90 day's then you lose your warranty. This has now been clarified by Andy from Swift.

Thank you Andy

Steve

"Hi,
We have reviewed the Warranty rule (if in europe for more than 90 days warranty becomes invalid) and to be honest none of us know where it came from and why it is there, or for that matter how we would know if the van has been in europe for more than 90 days.

We have therefore concluded it is indeed a nonesense, so provided the van is serviced in accordance with the warranty guidelines in the UK - the warranty is valid (so thats upto 364 days in europe then).

Our Handbook and policies will be ammended to have this reference withdrawn.

Thanks and apologies for any confusion,
Regards
Andy"

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
"Result" well done that man:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Alan H

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Yep, well done Andy - no wonder our Swift is so good if the management works lile that

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
Excellent response from Swift :thumb:

Common sense rules and well done SandJ.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Sorry

Did i miss something but isn't the UK part of europe and therefore no warranty applies after its three months old

only joking

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
There is hope for this country to get back on its feet if more companys responded to customers enquiries in this manor. Thankyou Swift for a common sense approach. How refreshing.....

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
NICE ONE thank you sandj and swift :thumb:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Have just looked at the warranty documentation for new vans on Swift's website.

The 90 day rule is still in there.

Presumably they haven't had time to revise it yet. After all they have only had seven and a half years!

I was checking as I have just ordered a Swift Esprit from a dealership.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
No you're wrong - it's merely 5 years and 2 months and a couple of days!

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I apologise profusely and kow tow seven times!;)

I was only checking because I have invested in the Esprit to replace my Sundance. This will be the fourth Swift I have owned so you can see I am a bit of a Swift fan.

However, if I have a problem with the new M/H I hope they react more quickly to my problem than this.:cry::whistle:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If it's still there it gives them a get out clause. Why can't UK manufacturers have a pan European warranty like Continental manufacturers, you can take a Hymer into any European dealer for warranty work.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
5 years and 2 months and a couple of days
Sometimes I think I'm a bit dozy... missed the year of the post completely!
This would surely be worth a follow-up @SandJ ? And if you don't want to, then maybe a bit more information about who "Andy" is/ position held at Swift etc, so that all of us Swifties can contact him/ them independently?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
This would surely be worth a follow-up @SandJ ? And if you don't want to, then maybe a bit more information about who "Andy" is/ position held at Swift etc, so that all of us Swifties can contact him/ them independently?
I have e-mailed Swift today with the history of this thread and pointed out that the Swift owners on the Forum will be awaiting their response, with interest!

I have asked if they intend to invoke the clause, how they justify it, and why, since Continental manufacturers do not have such a clause, they would expect us to buy their product.

When I receive a response I will post here.

Reactions: CWH
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I would suggest that Swift should be bombarded by all of us who own their product. That way we may get action.

It may be a stupid clause but, if they intend to invoke it, it leaves us in a difficult situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
email sent

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well I'd want to know what Swift do different to the parts that a Fiat dealer would service than say Chausson or Pilote on a Fiat? Cos surely that's the issue. If they don't alter anything on the van part of it, it can't affect the Swift part so how could it affect their warranty?

I mean you have 3 years warranty from Fiat (Fiat Camper Assist) on the van part when you buy a vehicle new from a UK dealer anyway.

I don't understand at all !

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Swift to their credit monitor their Swifttalk website to the extent that they (Swift) answered a question i had asked on Christmas Day.
One of their guys will give you an answer, and act on any problems you might be having with your dealer.
I cannot fault the communications i have had with these guys on Swifttalk.................they solved a problem ,the dealer had a few chances at, with one question?

ON CHRISTMAS DAY no less

OP
OP
SandJ

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Also if you do not read the warranty then you do not know which the comments relate to
This is paragraph from pre 2012

The Body Shell and SuperSure Warranties only apply to motorhomes purchased and used primarily within the UK, which means that the motorhome is not used for continuous journeys outside of the UK of longer than 90 days per journey. Please refer to the Fiat or Peugeot handbook for use of the base vehicle outside the UK.

This is from 2012

The SuperSure, Body Shell and Extended Body Shell Warranties only apply to motorhomes purchased and used primarily within the UK, which means that the motorhome is not used for continuous journeys outside of the UK of longer than 90 days per journey. Please refer to the Fiat or Peugeot handbook for use of the base vehicle outside the UK.

You need to go to the warranties page on the swift websit to see all the facts.

Broken Link Removed

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Well I'd want to know what Swift do different to the parts that a Fiat dealer would service than say Chausson or Pilote on a Fiat? Cos surely that's the issue. If they don't alter anything on the van part of it, it can't affect the Swift part so how could it affect their warranty?

I mean you have 3 years warranty from Fiat (Fiat Camper Assist) on the van part when you buy a vehicle new from a UK dealer anyway.

I don't understand at all !
I would presume that the 90 day rule will apply to the habitation (Swift) part of the M/H. Fittings, furniture, electric and gas systems etc.

Also, presumably , body shell integrity, including water ingress. Swift offer a 10 year body shell integrity warranty with their new units. This could be rendered useless for the "snowbirds" who spend three to four months in Sapin and Portugal throughout the winter.

We are not lucky enough to be able to do that, yet. But within the 10 year period who knows?

It may be that Swift will have shot themselves in the foot with this clause. Dealers tell you that you "have the security of the Swift Warranty" but don't mention this clause. It is contained within the user manual that you only get when you pick up the M/H. I only spotted when I looked on line at a manual after I had ordered my new Esprit.

As people get to hear about it it may influence their buying decisions.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
RECEIVED TODAY

Our Ref. HM/ 164517

17/02/2015

Dear Mrs X

Thank you for your email.

I can advise that our terms and conditions still remain this conditions remains the same and that the warranty policy only applies
to motorhomes purchased and used primarily within the UK and that the motorhome is not used for continuous journeys outside
of the UK of longer than 90 days per journey. We would recommend referring to the Fiat of Peugeot handbook for use of the base
vehicle outside of the UK.

Due to this still being within the terms and conditions of the warranty policy we are unable to amend our website.

I appreciate this may not be the answer you were anticipating however, please be assured of our best intentions at all times.

Yours sincerely

Harriet McQueen
Customer Services Advisor

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
When this forum was free...no subs.....Swiftgroup were members and very helpful too.
once subs had to be paid their policy was not to subscribe to any forum, presumably for fear of favouritism.

Andy sorted out my certificate of conformity from Alko when i need to uprate to 3750kg......got the certificate and new vin sticker free of charge.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I have received a slightly different response from Swift. See below:-

Our Ref. CJ/ /MH3130

18/02/2015

Dear Mr X

Thank you for your enquiry received with regards to the 90 clause in the term's and condition's of warranty.

The clause referring to the 90 day continuous usage has been a part of our warranty terms and conditions for some time and ensures that our owners understand that should they chose to export their product, then the UK manufactures warranty will no longer apply. Our warranty, along with the terms and conditions, including the 90 day clause is in the process of being reviewed and will be updated ready for the 2016 season.

If you require any further information please contact me on Broken Link Removed and I will be happy to help.

Yours sincerely

Claire Jessop
Customer Services Advisor

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept
for the presence of computer viruses.
Swift Group Limited
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed
Tel: Broken Link Removed

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
About time Harriet & Claire had a little get-together methinks!

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I have responded to Swift saying that I understand their reluctance to provide warranty cover to a permanently exported vehicle, but pointing out that many motorhomers travel to Spain and Portugal, for extended periods in the winter.

The vehicle will therefore be used in more clement weather than if used in UK during the winter. The clause is perverse.

I have urged them to reword their 90day clause to allow them to address their concerns re permanent export while still allowing extended cover for longer stays overseas.

I will post any response I receive.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Sorry

Did i miss something but isn't the UK part of europe and therefore no warranty applies after its three months old

only joking

All joking apart, and in a legal sense, that is EXACTLY what the wording would actually mean.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back