Helpful MH owner

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by keith, Nov 3, 2015.

1. keith

keith Funster

Just saw this on Facebook and thought what a good idea.

Just a suggestion ... we're always trying to make sure that we motorhomers are seen in a good light, aren't we!

Wanted to let you know that I spent a delightful morning at Hamble (near Southampton) which has often been mentioned as a motorhome friendly parking spot, and a motorhome 'tolerant' overnighting spot.

Last time I was there I noticed a team of volunteers who were going around the carpark, down on the beach, and along into the nature reserve picking up litter. I went over to thank them as I wanted them to know that it was appreciated, and the suggestion was made that I join them next time!

Well this morning I happened to be in the area for their 'clean up meet', and was supplied with a hi-viz vest, a bin bag and a 'claw-handle-pick-up-thingy' ... and some delightful company. We just pottered along the beach chatting as we picked up the rubbish. Nothing onerous, and a very pleasant way to pass a an hour or so.

I would urge anyone in the Hamble area on the first or third Monday in the month at around 10am to just turn up and join them ... and possibly make the point, as I did, that you are a motorhomer who is very grateful for such a beautiful place to park for free, and who would like to give something back.

Might help our cause?

• Like Like x 22
  2. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Thanks for doing your bit for us all, littering seems to be getting worse everywhere:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oriel

Oriel

Great idea!

4. rosalan

rosalan Funster

There is a lot of litter about, however on a quick visit to Scotland I was surprised how little litter there was. On the Motorways there were signs pointing out that people who dropped litter, risked the lives of those who had to clear it up, which seemed to have some effect.

5. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

On motorways I think builders trucks do most of the damage, surprising what can get sucked out of a truck:confused:

6. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi, I'm a member of our local green gym & Wildlife warriors, both voluntary groups , GG meets one morn a week 3 hrs all manual labour ( thats the gym part) & WW meet one morn a month. Not compulsory to attend just when I'm (& other members) available & willing.( and not away in moho)
    We beach clean for N.T. & various garden /agricultural jobs , scrub clearance, keep several parks & gardens tidy, great bunch of volunteers , equal number of each sex, we also have various Special needs organizations come along to help, we get them to help , it gets them interested in the countryside & really makes them feel useful.

• Like Like x 1