Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Just saw this on Facebook and thought what a good idea.

Just a suggestion ... we're always trying to make sure that we motorhomers are seen in a good light, aren't we!

Wanted to let you know that I spent a delightful morning at Hamble (near Southampton) which has often been mentioned as a motorhome friendly parking spot, and a motorhome 'tolerant' overnighting spot.

Last time I was there I noticed a team of volunteers who were going around the carpark, down on the beach, and along into the nature reserve picking up litter. I went over to thank them as I wanted them to know that it was appreciated, and the suggestion was made that I join them next time!

Well this morning I happened to be in the area for their 'clean up meet', and was supplied with a hi-viz vest, a bin bag and a 'claw-handle-pick-up-thingy' ... and some delightful company. We just pottered along the beach chatting as we picked up the rubbish. Nothing onerous, and a very pleasant way to pass a an hour or so.

I would urge anyone in the Hamble area on the first or third Monday in the month at around 10am to just turn up and join them ... and possibly make the point, as I did, that you are a motorhomer who is very grateful for such a beautiful place to park for free, and who would like to give something back.

Might help our cause?

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
There is a lot of litter about, however on a quick visit to Scotland I was surprised how little litter there was. On the Motorways there were signs pointing out that people who dropped litter, risked the lives of those who had to clear it up, which seemed to have some effect.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, I'm a member of our local green gym & Wildlife warriors, both voluntary groups , GG meets one morn a week 3 hrs all manual labour ( thats the gym part) & WW meet one morn a month. Not compulsory to attend just when I'm (& other members) available & willing.( and not away in moho)
We beach clean for N.T. & various garden /agricultural jobs , scrub clearance, keep several parks & gardens tidy, great bunch of volunteers , equal number of each sex, we also have various Special needs organizations come along to help, we get them to help , it gets them interested in the countryside & really makes them feel useful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back