Help! (1 Viewer)

H

hamblebug21

Deleted User
Hello and thankyou for making me feel welcome. I am obviously new to the motorhome world and have a cracking first dilemer. I bought a Fiat Ducato 1988 model which was built in Belgium and to cut a long story short to my horror went to fill my lpg tank up (used for cooking and heating only) and non of the adapters fir in Fance or Italy; well as you can imagine i am getting cold now!!! I did some research and found i have a ACME fitting but the problem is can i get a fitting from ACME to france/italy...thanks for your help your shivering in France Chris Handby:Sad:

RickB

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
south devon uk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
four years+
lpg adapter

Hi Chris
We had the same problem when we started, we discovered in France that the motorway services have a variety of adapters that they will lend, it is normal to be asked to leave your watch or some other security at the pay desk(i guess they've had some people drive of with the adapter).
RickB

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

hamblebug21

Deleted User
Thankyou!

Hey thanks Rick i never thought of that, i hope you get this message. Cheers!:Smile:[
quote=RickB;122969]Hi Chris
We had the same problem when we started, we discovered in France that the motorway services have a variety of adapters that they will lend, it is normal to be asked to leave your watch or some other security at the pay desk(i guess they've had some people drive of with the adapter).
RickB[/quote]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 28, 2008
Antwerp /Belgium
Funster No
Exp
Adapters

ACME adapter, with a 22 mm connection to fill LPG in one of the following countries: Belgium, Germany, United Kingdom, Luxemburg.
For drivers from the UK: you can simply screw this connection on your bajonet connection.
The 20 mm or 22 mm adapter. Some people call it the "dish adapter"or “Italian adapter”,to fill your car with autogas in one of the following countries: France, Italy, Greece, Hungary, Norway, Austria, Poland, Slovakia, Tjech Republic, Sweden and Switserland.

Upvote 0

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
Also check out any other autogas pumps at that outlet. Both the ones in Spain had a local nozzle on the one I drove up to and none of the adaptors at the counter screwed into my filling point. Was about to get really ticked off (are the readers really so delicate that "urinated"-off is so upsetting as to need censoring?) when very helpful owner indicated that the other hose DID have a nozzle that fitted one of my adaptors.

No problem in Morocco of course since autogas outlets don't officially exist. Had to buy a local 11kg cylinder - 190 dyrams full -- and use one of the set of 4 universal bottle adaptors to connect to my system via the loose regulator and valve I insisted the fixed bottle installers leave functional.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back