Help

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Jan1ce, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Jan1ce

Jan1ce Read Only Funster

I have just checked my motorhome as we are travelling on Sunday and all the battries have gone flat. We have a sola pannel fitted that is supposed to keep everything topped up. We can't even start the engine. I have plugged it into the mains so that should charge it but I don't know why it has gone flat. It hasn't been standing long and this has never happened before. Have I accidently turned something off. Can anyone help

2. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Jan more info needed and checking on your part.As you say the solar should keep everything charged so it needs checking to make sure it's working and not blown a fuse or needs resetting -Does it also charge the engine battery?if not the alarm on your van can flatten a battery in a couple of weeks -Do you have a multimeter to check things with ?
    terry

3. Jan1ce

Jan1ce Read Only Funster

Blimey I have a lot to learn. I don't know what a multi meter is. I don't know if the solar pannel charges the engine battery. I think that I need to go back to the dealer first thing. If I can get it going.

4. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

It sounds like you have only just bought it, I agree totally get it back to them for a look

If it wont start get them out to you to sort it out

(y)

5. DAVWOD

DAVWOD Funster

It always seem that when a MH has been parked up for a few weeks problems arise with batteries, I still have a problem with warning lamp audible beeps despite having two new Hab batteries .. Well good luck Jan hope you get it sorted soon.