Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
High Gain Long Distance USB Directional Antenna model NET-WL-USB-UTP2470-12 MKII
I've just bought one of these from Faculty-x. I have tried everything to make this work on my windows 7 Samsung PC. My PC recognises it when plug in but shows as disabled. I tried everything I can think of but not get it working. It has been back to the supplier and he has proved it works.
Any ideas gratefully received
:cry:

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Sounds like 'Driver' problem?

If you haven't already, try this......

Go to Control Panel and select 'Device 'Manager'.

With Device Manager now open, locate the hardware device you want to enable.

Navigate through the categories of hardware devices by clicking the > icon. Specific hardware devices are listed under the major hardware categories.

After finding the hardware you're looking for, right click on the hardware's name or icon and click on Properties.

In this Properties window, click the Driver tab.

Now click the Enable button.

Click OK.

This device should now be enabled.

You should now be returned to the main Device Manager window and the black arrow should be gone.

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Sounds like 'Driver' problem?

If you haven't already, try this......
Go to Control Panel and select 'Device 'Manager'.

With Device Manager now open, locate the hardware device you want to enable.

Navigate through the categories of hardware devices by clicking the > icon. Specific hardware devices are listed under the major hardware categories.

After finding the hardware you're looking for, right click on the hardware's name or icon and click on Properties.

In this Properties window, click the Driver tab.

Now click the Enable button.

Click OK.

This device should now be enabled.

You should now be returned to the main Device Manager window and the black arrow should be gone.

unfortunately, been there and done that, everything tells me it's enable except change adapter settings which shows it as disabled. Click enable, it says it's enable but still displays as disabled. :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
did you try to disable the built in wifi card first to avoid resource conflicts?

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
did you try to disable the built in wifi card first to avoid resource conflicts?

yes disabled existing wireless, also virus guard and firewall. Tried various combinations of this. Has to be a conflict somewhere but where is now beyond me

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
i note everything you have done which is exactly what you should!!!!! the only thing i can think of is that an add-on may be creating a problem so i would get rid of all add ons delete all cookies and browsing history and double check that nothing is running in the background then start from scratch and try loading again.. good luck jt

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
just a random thought, had this work a few times with usb accessories. leave it plugged in and reboot the computer and trick windows into reallocating resources

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I had the same problem with that booster on my Toshiba, can't really remember how I solved it but keeping it plugged in and rebooting could have been the cure.

Good Luck

Peter

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
What firewall are you using? It could be a firewall problem. If you're using a third party firewall it may not recognise your aerial so try uninstalling it (a full uninstall). Then plug in the aerial. Then reinstall the firewall with the aerial already plugged in. This may persuade it to recognise the aerial. However, you may find you have to rely on the windows firewall when using the aerial if this does not work, and you may not be able to use a third party firewall (i.e. have it installed) with the external aerial. If so, talk to the firewall provider.

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
What firewall are you using? It could be a firewall problem. If you're using a third party firewall it may not recognise your aerial so try uninstalling it (a full uninstall). Then plug in the aerial. Then reinstall the firewall with the aerial already plugged in. This may persuade it to recognise the aerial. However, you may find you have to rely on the windows firewall when using the aerial if this does not work, and you may not be able to use a third party firewall (i.e. have it installed) with the external aerial. If so, talk to the firewall provider.

Thanks everyone for all your help. Yes it was the Zone Alarm firewall, even though I had turned it off. Uninstalled it, reinstalled my RaLink software and it now works perfectly. I shall try it out at Chester.
I love this site :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back