Help! (1 Viewer)

T

Too-ticky

Deleted User
Please can anybody help us. We have recently bought a 1985 Chevy Hi-Top Dayvan. We love it to bits but haven't got the first idea about how to operate it! We don't know how to put water in the tank, whether we need to put disinfectant in the loo or water tanks. We don't know about the electricity, hookups/ adapters/ battery etc. I always fret if the reading light is on incase it runs down the battery. I had assumed that - being a man, Matthew would automatically know how to operate it all but he knows no more than me. We are having a rare old hoot pootling round in it but we really need to make friends with other retro van owners who know what they're doing.
If you're out there, please take pity on us and drop us a line!

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Welcome to the best place for help.
We don't have a clue what is fitted to your van, but there will be others that know exactly what you have!!! I would imagine that all US rvs are much the same??
Regarding the water, we still don't drink from the tank, we use a small container with a tap, you can clean out the whole system with Milton and loads of fresh water.
Thats a start for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pamala & Nigel

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi and a Great Big Welcome to the site.

We had fun and games when we got the Dodge.

As with you, we were all new to the way they do things over the pond.

We use Sterilising fluid occasionally in the freshwater tanks and pipes just to keep most of the harmful bacteria from forming, but always filter our drinking water as the kids don't like it " straight from the tanks".We've recently taken to filling a 3 gallon plastic container specially for drinking.

Thetford Chemicals down the loo, although we're looking to use the Green Products.

Cheap loo paper from Tescos.We debated this recently and , after testing, I can definately say it dissolves well.:Eeek::ROFLMAO:

Does it have 240 volt uk sockets or the US 110 Volt ones?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Link Removed of Star Spangled Spanner has a dayvan, looks in here most days, or you could PM him, he's a knowledgeable chap who I am sure will be able to help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back