help (1 Viewer)

kerrydog

Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Funster No
Hi everyone,
I have just bought my first motorhome, a 1993 Hymer and set off immediately for the great outdoors, fantastic, but now I am back home and work gets in the way could anyone help me with tips on how to look after my motorhome as it is parked up in the drive for the next few weeks.
The person I bought it from told me I should keep it on the electric, is this right and what is the reason.
Thanks in advance. :

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
hi welcome to motorhomefun,iv never heard of keeping it on electric,we plug it in the day before we go but thats only cause we wildcamp and need a full battery if you are on a site with hook up well it'll charge then...we empty the water everytrip to keep the system clean and in the winter cause of frost....we keep the blackout blinds down to prevent fading by the sun...oh yes and most important is to make sure toilet is empty as you dont want any horrid surprises next time you go out eh!! hope this helps...sammx

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi agree with all above + some good lock/ wheel clamp /and alarm for piece off mind,
never left mine on electic dont know where thats come from!

ray

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Kerrydog
Firstly, welcome to MHFun
Our RV is constantly plugged into the mains, the fridge runs constantly and during the winter I run a small heater and a dehumidifier. I don't think there is a right or wrong method, it is whatever suits you to be honest.
The biggest concern for me over the years has been to try to ensure that the vehicle is dry, I do not like to see condensation inside and it is worth the few quid per year heating and drying the RV out. You should have no worries this time of year, but do think about the winter before it gets here, coz you won't be able to get little, low wattage heaters in December for love nor money.....
I do agree with making sure that you have a good alarm and immobiliser fitted and then always use it ::bigsmile:
Happy motorhoming matey, don't know where you are based but we have several meets in the calendar, so if you are up for some weekends away, then have a look and get yourself booked in ::bigsmile:

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back