Help

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by garfield, Oct 6, 2009.

1. garfield

garfield Read Only Funster

Hi all.
    My brother in law has decided it would be really cool to get married in August in a little place in Italy called Lucca.
    Try as i might i can't find any camp sites close enough to travel in on our little motorbike. Is there anyone out there with any ideas....as my wife is hoping we can go in the motorhome.....but it's looking like this might not happen for her:cry:
    I live in hope:thumb:Geoff

2. AdgeRas

AdgeRas Read Only Funster

Hi Geoff

I dont know if this helps, but here are 3 "Aire's" in or close to Lucca.

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/aire.php?numid=2662&Localité=(Toscana) LUCCA (LU) &Pays=ITALIE

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/aire.php?numid=5145&Localité=(Toscana) LUCCA (LU) &Pays=ITALIE

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/aire.php?numid=8764&Localité=(Toscana) LUCCA

And this is the main page of the web site.

CAMPINGCAR-INFOS

I hope it helps

Adge

3. Phil

Phil Read Only Funster

There are several campsites on the coast at Di Torre del Lago Puccini and a very popular one at Pisa is Torre Pendente. All a short scooter ride from the city of Lucca. Which incidently is a walled city and well worth a visit.

Look on the eurocampings website for details of campsites in the area.

Phil.

4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Hire a car at a campsite.

It's in the middle of nowhere so surely you'd be able to wild camp nearby especially for a wedding. They're nuts about weddings.

5. buttons

buttons Funster

We attended a wedding last year in Pontremoli a small town about 30 miles from Lucca. We drove down stayed in a very nice hotel with ample parking for the camper. We allowed 9 days for the return to the UK. Had a brilliant time.
    Hotel is a good option for a wedding, you won’t be the only guests from the UK find out where they are staying and book a room. You will have a ball.
    Buttons

6. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

Paste these coordinates into Google Earth (in the Fly - to window) then hit enter.
    43.840042N, 10.488076E

It will show you a Sosta / Aire in Via Gaetano Luporini. Good site behind a barrier, in a residential area. Dumping / water services available. Cannot remember the price but it's not a lot (for Italy).

15 minutes walk (max.) into the centre of the city, which is lovely: option of a wonderful walk around the top of the city walls. Birthplace of Puccini (Lucca, not the wall of course).

Philip

p.s. might take you longer than 15 minutes to walk in wearing wedding regalia and high heels, but I'm sure you'll look very fetching in them.

7. garfield

garfield Read Only Funster

Many thanks for the idea's. I like the look of the aire but wonder if it will be full in August. Car hire now there is a good idea. I'll just have to hope they call it off and carry on as they are now.

8. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

We used it in early September 2007 and there was plenty of room. I guess it can hold at least 20 vans - probably more.

Philip