Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Whitstable
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi I'm currently looking to purchase my first MH and have viewed one today but it has this area near the roof at front near the front which is a different colour. The seller says it has always been there and is not an issue but I am concerned this could cause damp or affect the resale value. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 101

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
:hiya2: & :pink:

I can't see from your picture the colour difference ..... but no matter how much you like the moho, if you have doubts then best move on ... there's always another one to suit you somewhwere.

Alternativly, have the van inspected by a professional.

Upvote 0

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
JA - follow your instincts and if in doubt - DON'T. There are plenty more fish on the beach.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Looks like it's been resprayed .. maybe had a dent.. hit a low hanging branch of a tree for example.. it happens..

if it's been sealed properly and a damp check inside shows it's dry, I wouldn't worry about it..

but if it does worry you.. or you are not happy, find another .. plenty out there.

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I can see what you mean. It looks like a Matt patch. Can you use a damp meter on the inside in that area. That's what I'd do. Could it be delamination even.:welcomesign: By the way.

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I agree, it looks like a dent repair that hasn't been sprayed particularly well. If you aren't happy, move on to the next one.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back