Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I am a newbie
We are new to this, we just bought a van which has been made into a motor home and has the ZIG CF9 installed. We have played and pressed and chose various combinations but we can't get anything to work except the green light! We know all batteries are charged as we have been out in the van. Can someone please guide us to which way the buttons should be pressed to get our electrics working? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20160702_133007.jpg
    20160702_133007.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 26

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Does the one marked 12V not light the red LED when switched ?

Have you checked all the fuses.

Note: if you are not plugged into the mains nothing on the 240V side will do anything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
The left button probably needs to be down to turn on 12v. In a previous van I had this panel which really only handles mains and 12v. There may well be more switches else where.

What are you trying to make work and did it work when you were shown round the van?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Helen Morrison

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I am a newbie
Cheers we have the booklet but really can't figure out which switch needs to be up and witch down etc. We tried all combinations and couldn't get anything to work!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Helen Morrison

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I am a newbie
If we press the first switch on the left on we get a light which we assume means it is ON. Is this right?

Upvote 0

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
We were so wrapped up in excitement when we bought the van that we totally forgot to ask how to use it
That'd really common. The main thing is you saw it work. We can help you get the rest.

Most self builds only have the habitation battery wired so you probably won't get anything to work if car is selected. Stick to van. Left switch down (probably) and you should have a green light and a red light. Two red lights means you battery isn't good, no light means either the switches aren't right or its not wired right.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back