Help with windows 10 ? (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
My lap top decided it knew better than me and self installed windows 10.

When I am browsing moving the cursor makes the page go up and down. Hate it ! Is it possible to stop it happening ? I cant work out how it works and the page goes barmy. Wife tried to do her Asda shop on it and could not manage. As she cant manage shopping instore anymore its a real pain. Normally the drivers drop the shopping inside the garage door and I put it away when I get home but we cant order so it means I will have to go to the store.

Not sure what is happening but I wish they had left MY computer alone !

Can I go back to windows 7 ?

Cheers !

patnlee

Free Member
Jun 24, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspitit
Exp
The upgrade to W10 does not always play fair with various drivers. Most common problems are to do with graphics so the general rule is to update as soon as possible. From what I can glean this may be your problem as well. Easiest way is to locate your device on the manufacturers website where you may find a list of new drivers or better still a single install which updates everything.

The mouse functions on W10 are found in:
Windows Key (far left)
Settings
Devices

The info shows scrolling settings but click on "Additional mouse options" to ensure that wheel scrolling is enabled etc.

On a laptop the additional options will also show a tab for the touchpad.

Having upgraded several PC's I am more than happy with W10 but I know some people are not. The latest interface is way better than W8.x and easy to learn. My main gripe is the many security options enabled by default which may send info back to Microsoft, there is a question during setup regarding these options and it is worth following this to disable everything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
The upgrade to W10 does not always play fair with various drivers. Most common problems are to do with graphics so the general rule is to update as soon as possible. From what I can glean this may be your problem as well. Easiest way is to locate your device on the manufacturers website where you may find a list of new drivers or better still a single install which updates everything.

The mouse functions on W10 are found in:
Windows Key (far left)
Settings
Devices

The info shows scrolling settings but click on "Additional mouse options" to ensure that wheel scrolling is enabled etc.

On a laptop the additional options will also show a tab for the touchpad.

Having upgraded several PC's I am more than happy with W10 but I know some people are not. The latest interface is way better than W8.x and easy to learn. My main gripe is the many security options enabled by default which may send info back to Microsoft, there is a question during setup regarding these options and it is worth following this to disable everything.

Thanks but your explanation is to complex for me ... I can understand only the basics.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Can anyone tell me with, Windows 10 on a lumia phone why sometimes when I take photos it sort of takes a second of video, when you go to photos it sometimes plays the video bit and sometimes just a still photo, crazy, and I am not pressing the video button before some one suggests that.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Yep, Microsoft played dirty, and issued a forced upgrade to W10

Because of the drivers issue and the need to ensure compatibility with a wide range of devices. Completely destroyed scanner access on one of our admin pcs, a complete mess

And the Windows "Edge" effort is incompatible with quite a few websites, and embedded webservers, meaning I have had to restore Explorer as the default browser. I won't mention what I think of Cortana.

They can keep it as far as our admin staff are concerned, who want a return to W7 or otherwise (God forbid) to jump on the Apple bandwagon

patnlee

Free Member
Jun 24, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspitit
Exp
Thanks but your explanation is to complex for me ... I can understand only the basics.

No problem, you may well be better off following the link from Bill_OR and revert back to W7. Best to do this within the 4 week grace period or you will have to install from scratch.

?

Deleted User
10 is great when you get the drivers sorted. Luckily i had no issues on three different brand laptops but still had to get the manufacturers own mouse drivers for options like tap to open pages/softwares. Hate when that happens. 7 is also great but if you were stuck with 8 or 8.1 i would have said stick with it

Is the 10 for the phone official yet or just the BETA or whatever they called it? Wife was stupid enough to buy a windows phone so hopping 10 will be better to use for her. I take it the upgrade is automatic.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back