Help With Window Locks

Discussion in 'Motorhome Security' started by brodie, Jul 20, 2010.

1. brodie

brodie Funster

Hi

Can anyone help with window locks for he M/H please? What is the best type etc.

Our baby sleeps at the back on his own and i'm worried he could be pinched in the night through the window:Eeek:. I know it is unlikely but I would rather spend a few quid and have peace of mind. You know what it's like when you have had a few vinos and are knackered we would probably not hear a thing.

These windows are dead easy to open from the outside don't know if they are all like that?

Thanks in advance :thumb:

Vik

2. patr

patr Read Only Funster

Vik

For the best advice on locks give Harrison Locks a ring.

http://www.harrisonlocks.co.uk/

They are sponsors on this site and one of the nicest and most professional firms I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

Pat

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Difficult to secure a plastic window but easy to fit an alarm. Maplin and the like do "hotel" door alarms.

I can picture a door security chain being adapted so that the window will not open far, and by then the alarm triggers.

4. brodie

brodie Funster

Hi Brian

Thanks for the advice I have had a look at Maplin £4.99 for one, got 4 for £4.99 off e-bay free del too exactly same product :thumb:.

Thanks again - hopefully I won't have any more problems/queries only 10 days to go......but if I do I know you lot will be there to save the day :thumb:.

Vik

5. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

My last motorhome had a "picture window" which just at the right hight for someone to break into and climb into the accomodation, so I made a security grill from 12mm X 5mm flat bar and screwed it to the inside of the window frame, very neat and it was a selling point when I came to sell it.

Doug...