HELP...with smartphone CDMA and GSM networking (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
My son lives in the US and got himself a new phone and has handed me his old phone. This phone was through the Verizon provider who use the CDMA network in the US. I have performed a factory reset and it works well on my home internet but I will need a nano sim which I will get today. My question is can I use or change this phone onto a GSM network. The phone is a Samsung S6 edge plus so will do my best to get it working. Thanks.....

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
My son lives in the US and got himself a new phone and has handed me his old phone. This phone was through the Verizon provider who use the CDMA network in the US. I have performed a factory reset and it works well on my home internet but I will need a nano sim which I will get today. My question is can I use or change this phone onto a GSM network. The phone is a Samsung S6 edge plus so will do my best to get it working. Thanks.....
Forgot to mention that the sim will be on the Three network.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Thanks Boringfrog some good news before I even read your links(y) My other son had a nano sim still in the packet with ten pounds of EE credit. I put this in the phone and bingo it sprung into life with everything working 100%. What a result that is(y) So will go to the Three shop tomorrow and get an all singing sim with 30 gig data 600mins and unlimited texts, home and away and tethering on a 12 month contract for eighteen pounds a month. Well pleased with the result...thanks again(y):)

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks Boringfrog some good news before I even read your links(y) My other son had a nano sim still in the packet with ten pounds of EE credit. I put this in the phone and bingo it sprung into life with everything working 100%. What a result that is(y) So will go to the Three shop tomorrow and get an all singing sim with 30 gig data 600mins and unlimited texts, home and away and tethering on a 12 month contract for eighteen pounds a month. Well pleased with the result...thanks again(y):)
I got 30GB 200mins and unlimited texts for £15 + £56 cash back, been paying £20 a Month for similar deal after 3 put the prices up when in I was in Spain last February. :)

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Forgot to mention that the sim will be on the Three network.

Before buying your new SIM it might be worth checking in the shop that your phone will work on the three network, I understand that some will not. That might apply to older phones though but worth checking.

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Before buying your new SIM it might be worth checking in the shop that your phone will work on the three network, I understand that some will not. That might apply to older phones though but worth checking.

Dave
Thanks Dave, yes I was thinking the same, I will make sure it all works before I leave, if not then it will be a trip to the EE store but I have been with Three for many years and I like the provider so hope it works...(y)

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I got 30GB 200mins and unlimited texts for £15 + £56 cash back, been paying £20 a Month for similar deal after 3 put the prices up when in I was in Spain last February. :)
Yeah there deals tend to change with the weather, they also have there essential range now which is lacking in tethering and the home from home...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back