Help with Skype on Android

Discussion in 'Computers' started by buttons, Nov 21, 2011.

1. buttons

buttons Funster

I have a problem that is driving me and my son in the US crazy, has anyone else suffered from it.
    I have a Galaxy S2 on the Three network. I downloaded Skype from the Android market. My problem is that my Skype connection keeps dropping out. It is on and off like a YoYo. My son has to skype me on my other mobile then I phone him back from my skype phone.
    While I am on my laptop, my phone keeps showing on line off line. I have re-installed it etc but no change. Any ideas:thumb:

2. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

Check the 3g on your phone is switched on, my wife had a similar problem with her iphone. You also need a very good signal to get a decent skype connection, does the skype app on the phone work on wifi ok, if so its the speed of your connection that is letting you down.

3. buttons

buttons Funster

Thanks dazzer, it makes no difference wifi or my excellent home 3 signal, both giving the same problem. This also applies when I am out and about. I have been into the three shop but still the same. Doing my head in.:Angry:

4. reader

reader Funster

agree with dazzer, skype on 3 was a pain, paricularly if we were away in the van where 3 has little or no coverage. I thinks its to do with available bandwidth which 3 dont seem to have.