Help with route through Portugal (1 Viewer)

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Hi

We have a ferry booked mid September to Santander. Getting a tad excited now as the months are rolling by.

I need some help please with a route down to Querenca which isn't far from Loule. We dock on the Wednesday evening at 18.15 hrs. I want to take 2 to 3 days to get there and would like some nice stops en route. We are meeting up with my brother in law who has converted a van into a camper and then will do a few days touring with him before going back up to Bilboa to catch a ferry home.

Just need help with a route down though and a few tips on places to stay.

Thanks for any help you can throw my way.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
We are calling in at a site run by funsters we met in Morocco on the way up Portugal in a couple of weeks.
@misskiwi. It is called campo figurira. Coords N39.92303° W8.35465°
www.campingfigueira.weebly.com
Jackie n Dave are offering a great spot but we are not there yet.
We will let you know when we have visited them.

OP
OP
SOS

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks I have had alook and that looks nice. Might give it a try. Can anybody else help with a route avoiding tolls as much as possible please. X

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
One of the recommended routes on Google is through Valladolid, Salamanca, Caceres, Merida, Sevilla then across to Huelva and into Portugal. We drove the route from Sevilla north to Santander in February and it was autovia all the way. I don't remember tolls, but even if there are, it's well worth paying the relatively small fees as the Autopistas are very quiet and well made. (others may disagree)

You land quite late so you may want to consider a stop at the Elephant park Aire at Cabarceno, about half an hour away, or there is a new Aire in Santander itself. There's a good campsite at Tordesillas, El Astral, and another at Caceres on the city outskirts.

OP
OP
SOS

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Hi

Sorry only just spotted this. It is very helpful thank you, I will look into those Aires as yes we are landing late so will need to find somewhere to stay that first night. It's good to know that the tolls aren't too expensive as well. Many thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

donnaquixote

Free Member
Aug 11, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2015
Hi
Drove Geejays suggested route last year with some deviations. If you want to cut out Seville leave the autovia south of Merida (worth a visit for fabulous Roman amphitheatre), direction Zafra to take N435 to Huelva. Aire at Camino del Verde.
Southwest of Salamanca good Aire in amazing medieval village of La Alberca in the Parque Natural de las Butuecas and finally between Palencia and Valladolid Aire in interesting village of Ampudia.
I'm journeying through Portugal throughout September but zig zagging around following my nose or the sun!
Have a good trip.

OP
OP
SOS

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Hi
Drove Geejays suggested route last year with some deviations. If you want to cut out Seville leave the autovia south of Merida (worth a visit for fabulous Roman amphitheatre), direction Zafra to take N435 to Huelva. Aire at Camino del Verde.
Southwest of Salamanca good Aire in amazing medieval village of La Alberca in the Parque Natural de las Butuecas and finally between Palencia and Valladolid Aire in interesting village of Ampudia.
I'm journeying through Portugal throughout September but zig zagging around following my nose or the sun!
Have a good trip.
Thanks I'll take a look at your suggestions. May see you en route! (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back