Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Ok, so I tried to fit a roof box to our Autosleeper Pollensa, but not having much luck :cry::cry:

The MH came fitted with a roof rack and ladder, although the bars which run across the roof are too far apart toward the front and too close together towards the rear :Doh:

So basically I need some kind of cross bars to fit to the already fitted roof rack bars which run the length of the MH.

I've seen the fiamma ones but they appear to only work with fiamma. I cannot seem to find any universal type bars.

Does anyone have any suggestions??::bigsmile:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Ok, so I tried to fit a roof box to our Autosleeper Pollensa, but not having much luck :cry::cry:

The MH came fitted with a roof rack and ladder, although the bars which run across the roof are too far apart toward the front and too close together towards the rear :Doh:

So basically I need some kind of cross bars to fit to the already fitted roof rack bars which run the length of the MH.

I've seen the fiamma ones but they appear to only work with fiamma. I cannot seem to find any universal type bars.

Does anyone have any suggestions??::bigsmile:

Could you not just use some angle ali or box section fixed to your existing roof rack bars?

difficult to advise without a pic.

Regards

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Couple of lengths of aluminium angle and bolt them to the excisting rails and then bolt the roof box to them?

Just a thought.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks. My only worry was whether or not angle or box section be strong enough?
I have no experience of how strong these actually are.
The weight limit for the roof box is 50kg, although I don't plan to load it with this amount of weight (don't want too much weight up high, will be mostly bulky lightweight items).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back