Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Help please - brought new printer Epson PX710W, PC is windows 7, and printout on photos is darker than shown on monitor so I am wasting photo paper. :cry: Tried settings but I'm sure I am missing something. :Doh: Can some clever person point me in the right direction please.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Help please - brought new printer Epson PX710W, PC is windows 7, and printout on photos is darker than shown on monitor so I am wasting photo paper. :cry: Tried settings but I'm sure I am missing something. :Doh: Can some clever person point me in the right direction please.

Dylan I am not saying this is your problem but we have a HP 6310 all in one...a Lexmark...and a Epson all in one and they all print different on the same paper on the same photo..also we have about 10 or more boxes of photo paper Kodax ..lexmark...unicorn...Fuji and a few more packs of other, makes I find it is the paper some are brighter and whiter than others so we match the paper to the printer we are using, as you have said you have tried your settings.

try lightening your settings on printer properties

Dylan if nobody comes up with a solution, look for some EPSON photo paper and you most likly find they have worked out what paper goes with there inks
Mel :thumb:

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Dylan I am not saying this is your problem but we have a HP 6310 all in one...a Lexmark...and a Epson all in one and they all print different on the same paper on the same photo..also we have about 10 or more boxes of photo paper Kodax ..lexmark...unicorn...Fuji and a few more packs of other, makes I find it is the paper some are brighter and whiter than others so we match the paper to the printer we are using, as you have said you have tried your settings.

try lightening your settings on printer properties

Dylan if nobody comes up with a solution, look for some EPSON photo paper and you most likly find they have worked out what paper goes with there inks
Mel :thumb:

Dylan We have just purchased a Epson SX215 two weeks ago in England for the wife to use on her crafting......now I used it yesterday for the first time to print some photos off and I used KODAK Premium photo paper and that printed out as near as I could see to the image on the computer screen and the photos look great

Mel:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

There is no reason, apart from luck, that the brightness should match. The printer does not know how bright you have set your monitor.

So turn the brightness down on the monitor until it's close to the print then use irfanview or whatever to up the brightness of the on screen image then save and print it.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Dylan

Have tried many printers and it is always in my experience better to have them all matching, printer, ink and paper for best results.

Kodak used to do a list of corrections for their papers and other printers, but have just looked for it on their web site and they don't seem to do it any more.

You can find adjustments in printer settings but takes a lot of paper to set up, used to be good at it but it is so many years since I did it have lost the knack. The adjustments don't always seem to work as you think they will it can be most confusing.

Best of luck

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Dylan I have 3 different printing programs and they all print slightly different colours :ROFLMAO: You will have to go into your printer program - property's then advanced settings :thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
To get this right is a pretty complicated task and most people do not bother, beyond a few adjustments as previously suggested. Professional image workers calibrate their entire system from end to end in order to achieve consistency.

I am not a professional, I hasten to add, but if you really want to get into the details, here are some thoughts. Firstly, check what colour profile your various components are set to. Is the camera using sRGB or some other (mine is set to Adobe 1998). Then, how is your monitor calibrated. I cannot speak for PCs but on my Mac I can choose the colour profile used (Also Adobe 1998 in my case, but could be sRGB) and then calibrate it for best contrast and colour.
The printer may well have various colour profiles built in and these may be selectable in the printer preferences on the PC. Finally, the software that you are using to manipulate images may have different outputs. For example, with Adobe Photoshop, you can select the working colour profile and then, when printing, choose whether to use an exact profile match or a perceptual match.

Pros go one stage further. They have a colour monitoring device that sits on the screen "reads" the colour profile of the monitor and allows them to fine-tune it to match the rest of the work-flow.

Sorry this response is a bit tedious, but it may give an idea of the "can of worms" you are about to unearth.

Philip

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back