Help with motorhome fun wifi please ? (1 Viewer)

PAT N PAUL

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato MWB selfbuild
Exp
1 year
hi, I need help please, well were settled in a nice place called girvan over looking the sea, but still unable to connect my wifi boost and was wondering if anyone new what I was doing wrong ?
Connected up ok lots of wifi fon connections In the area picked the one with the best signal, then what ? Do I press lock , or select, tried them both but still not connected I'm at a loss, please help if possible.
At the moment I'm connected using tethering with my phone
Regards Paul

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Do you have a BT or Fon account?

I think you select the WiFi signal you want a then click "apply" from memory, then you have to wait for the log in page to open up if the signal is good enough to log in or whatever it does.

Martin

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi. select the one you want then press select , new pop up box comes up. Press change in bottom right. then at top of box it will ask you if you want to accept the configuration changes. Press accept...Sorted.

Whats the readings of the son you are trying to connect to?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
hi paul... assuming you've got to viewing the various networks , this is the procedure
select the one you want by clicking on the left..
usually choose select from the bottom right options... if there are a number of networks with similar names around then you use lock to access point..
you then press change.
then a blue bar appears usually saying configuration changes have been made ,,,, you need then to press apply...
after that give it a minute and change to the main page to view the signal strength indicator...
you also need to see figures in the tx/rx rates... if you don't then you arnt connected...
if its fon your on you should be directed to their log in when you try to go online,,,
hope that helps..
andy

OP
OP
PAT N PAUL

PAT N PAUL

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato MWB selfbuild
Exp
1 year
Hi thanks for the quick replys , yes I'm with bt fon but not seen no log in yet done the select and apply but still not connected, I do think I was for maybe 30 seconds I'll keep trying thank again
Paul

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Not bad but not great. Hit n miss . Theres a chance you might get it as night goes on. Sometimes that happens. Maybe you could try moving the aerial to outside or tweaking it around a little.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Move the iboost till you get a better (lower) signal

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
1) Follow MotorhomeWifi instructions to get connected to the access point and then check ("MAIN" tab) that you are connected and have figures for both TX and RX rate.
2) In a new browser tab, attempt to go to a website; this should bring up the BT login page, on which you need to select the Fon option and log in using your user ID and password.
At stage 1, if you are getting good signal strength but no TX/RX rate, it's possible that something is impeding the handshaking; I've sometimes found it necessary to move the aerial to a different position to avoid foliage in the line of sight to the access point - sometimes horizontally, sometimes vertically (perhaps lower, to pass beneath trees).
At stage 2, if you are attempting to connect to an https:// address, you may receive a security certificate-related error message; this is because you are being forwarded to BT's login page rather than the address that you input - opt to continue anyway. It is worth noting that in some countries the forwarding to the login page may not work at all if you use an https:// address - SFR Fon in France being a case in point.

Aug 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Is this any use?

Attachments

• WiFi iBoost Set Up Instructions.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
MHW's instructions are generally well-written. If followed step-by-step, it should be possible to achieve a connection to a sufficiently strong Wi-Fi signal. And MHW offer support if required. Problems arise if one ignores the instructions and misses out key steps, particularly if using a small mobile phone screen as someone that I met earlier this year was doing - the inability to see most of the page on the screen was a major impediment.
I find it much easier to step through written instructions than to try to follow a YouTube video, especially if I don't have an Internet connection!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back