Help with LPG filling in Italy (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We are in Italy at the moment. Our motorhome has a Gasit refillable cylinder and a proper outside filler point. However I went into a motorway filling station a couple of days ago and they refused to fill me up with LPG. They said it was the same throughout Italy and no LPG filling was allowed for motorhomes. Is that correct? How have others with refillable tanks coped?

Tomorrow I am on my way from Levanto to Pisa. Does anybody know of an LPG station that will fill me in these areas please? Don't want to run out of gas!

By the way what type of connector do I use - I have all three for Europe, but not sure which is used in Italy.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We are in Italy at the moment. Our motorhome has a Gasit refillable cylinder and a proper outside filler point. However I went into a motorway filling station a couple of days ago and they refused to fill me up with LPG. They said it was the same throughout Italy and no LPG filling was allowed for motorhomes. Is that correct? How have others with refillable tanks coped?

Tomorrow I am on my way from Levanto to Pisa. Does anybody know of an LPG station that will fill me in these areas please? Don't want to run out of gas!
We filled in Italy without a problem EXCEPT for one we tried on the motorway, I think it might have been Shell? If you go to one of the ones on standard roads I don't think you'll have a problem.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
By the way what type of connector do I use - I have all three for Europe, but not sure which is used in Italy.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
It was the 'dish' standard Euro filler that we used:
dish-adapter.jpg

The only extra one we had to buy was for Spain.

This is a useful little site:

http://www.mylpg.eu

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Peter
We had no problems filling in Italy, except when we tried to serve ourselves. Apparently it's attendant only service.
We had an external filling point, so no visual bottles.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We were refused on the motorway stopped at the next service station on the same motorway no problems. Some will fill you others won't just have to keep trying.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for all your help. Buoyed by your suggestions I went into the first service station on our journey that sold GPL. When the attendant asked if it was for "engine" I just nodded so he filled it up. So just a little subterfuge works wonders!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back