Help With LED Bulbs

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by orridge, Nov 24, 2014.

1. orridge

orridge Funster

Hi

I have been switching out the bulbs in our Motorhome for LED and having a problem with some bulbs that hopefully someone can shed some light on !.

The bathroom and over bed lights use standard M41 bulbs (picture attached) with code M41 12V21CP on them.

I purchased a couple of BA15S 1156 1141 SMD 18 LED Bulb Tail Brake Car Interior bulbs which worked fine in the larger overhead light but not in the bathroom or smaller overheads.

Attached Files:

2. mjltigger

mjltigger Funster

One possibility is that they are wired backwards. Older style bulbs are not fussy about polarity but led bulbs will on work if correctly wired. When I fitted a new led fitting to my van I realised the light I was splicing from was wired back to front.

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

As above.

You will need to remove the lamp and swap the live and earth wires on the bulb holder.

Also, are you 100% certain they are all single centre contact bulbs........some single element bulbs can be twin contact.

4. orridge

orridge Funster

Hi pappajohn if I understand correctly you mean at the bottom of the bulb two points of contact instead of one single point of contact in the middle ? If so yes they are single as thats the working bulb i removed from the motorhome.

This is a picture of the light fitting

Attached Files: