Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We can't connect to the Internet using our Iboost. We successfully set the iboost in the UK (and it worked).

However, since being in France for the past 3 weeks, whilst the iboost icon shows to be connected, it doesn't show any available providers. We have tried a number of times over the last 3 weeks on different sites which have had Internet (sometimes weak signals) but have never managed to connect using iboost.

We're currently on a site which has free wifi but the signal must be bad as we can't connect to it so we got the boost out. I think we're right in believing that this situation (weak signal) is what the boost is for.

Currently the iboost is positioned outside, the lights are on and the lights are on and (iboost_xxxx) we then enter but that's as far as we get. It doesn't connect with anything.

Can anyone see where we might be going wrong?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Don't use http just the 10.20.30.40

That should pull up your log in page and then scan for available hot spots.

Martin.

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Hi Martin,

Thanks for that. I've got a bit further but still not connected . I've sent a screenshot to iboost so hopefully they'll be able to advise. We're bristling with gizmos of all sorts and should be able to get online but the only one which has proved constant has been the Alcatel 4EE but I think it's going to cost a fortune here in France!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Connect your device wifi to the Motorhomewifi hotspot.
Use device browser to go to 10.20.30.40
(I think you are at this stage already)
Click the 'Wireless' tab at the top of the page.
On the Wireless page, click 'Select'.
You should get a pop-up smaller page that will scan for available signals. Click the 'Strength' column twice to sort into descending order of signal strength.
Select the one you want. Now follow the prompts to save that change. If there are a lot to choose from you will have to scroll down to reveal the action buttons.

WARNING - this bit isn't all that instinctive - you have to select, save & apply as separate clicks.

Go back to the main page & after a few seconds wait, you should see the connection as active.

I'm working from memory, as both the unit & the printed instructions are out in the van. The above is a guide & may not have each step word for word & anyway, your model may be slightly different to mine.

If that doesn't work I'll go & get the real instructions. :)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back