Help with Frankia motorhome (1 Viewer)

Mattie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2009
Funster No
Hello!
Is there any one who can help me? I bought a Frankia motorhome in the UK not long ago and have been touring France and Spain. We want to leave it permanently in Spain now as we loved the experience and want to come to the country when on hols and continue discovering this lovely country and the rest of Europe. It is a 1991 Frankia model built on a Toyota Hilux car.
We want to register it under Spanish number plate to avoid having to drive it backwards and forwards for MOTs, resolve insurance problems when travelling for long periods, etc. The BIG issue is that we are having great problemas with the Spanish system as they require a Contaseña de Homologacion which our motorhome doesn´t seem to have. I have contacted Frankia and Toyota in Germany asking about this piece of info but both are unable to help as it is over their legal limit they have to keep the records and do not keep records this far back.

The problem can be solved if there anybody there who owns a Frankia built on a Toyota Hilux around 1989-1995 or so who can give me the Frankia Type approval number, as this is an unique number common to all these vehicles so that we can register our treasure under Spanish number plate? This is a combination of about 17 numbers and letters and it is NOT the car chassis number. Apparently it appears in section K of the UK V5 registration certificate and it is missing in ours and also on the Frankia docs. we were given by the previous owners. We are very desperate indeed and any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Mattie.
PS You can text the code to us on 07709288727 or 07575141310 if it is easier. Thank you all so much!

johnnerontheroad

Free Member
Dec 11, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Try and ask Sinney they are the importers for Frankia they may beable to tell you how to get the number Link Removed

Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back