Help with Elnagh Marlin Fiat Ducato cabin clipboard removal? (1 Viewer)

weewards

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Highlands, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Hi we have recently purchased the above Motorhome & the ideal location to put the Sat Nav is where the clipboard device is. Does anyone know how to remove it please?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 155
Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Hi Weewards,

I actually mount my satnav on the board, using the clip to hold the suction pad.

However, on a previous motorhome I needed to remove the clipboard in order to get cables through to mount the screen for my reversing camera. If I remember correctly you will need to remove the two screws which are visible at the screen end of the recess and then I think there are two more screws accessible through the radio housing enclosure.

Sorry, but it is about 6 years since I did that work, so my memory may not be that good.

Can you just use the clipboard as per my first sentence?

J

OP
OP
W

weewards

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Highlands, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Hi many thanks for your reply, I did consider using the clip but if it is easy to remove the sprung clipboard it would enable the SatNav to sit lower & obscure less of the windscreen. I did undo the two screws as you say but at the time could not find how to remove the stereo unit.
I will try again but if all else fails will do as you say.

Thanks again for the reply, we are getting "Molly" ready for a trip down to Northumberland in a couple of weeks time from the Highlands.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Hi. Use my clipboard to hold a strip of thick Perspex curved to follow the shape of the clip board. A couple of strips of draft uxcluder on the edges so the perspex strip doesn't slide/mark the plastic finish and then mount the sat nav suction cup on the end of that.

End result is the sat nav sits just above the radio, close enough to get both fingers & peepers on it.

For those with dash cams you cam mount it behind the sat nav on the same Perspex strip.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
You can push out the pivots from the flap - open it until you can see the pivot rods then remove first those from the sprung prop then second those from the front. It is, however, much easier to remove the complete assembly then replace it once you have done your modifications. This will also allow you to remove the sprung prop from the main (base) assembly. There are 4 screws - the two you can see and two below the radio 'cage'. Pull out the radio, remove its metal mounting cage to reveal two screws angled towards you. Remove these then the two at the front of the assembly which will then simply lift off. Replacement is the reverse of the process.

I only know all this because I've modified mine to hinge from the rear and used the space below for 12v and USB sockets.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Those with cab aircon can't open/raise the flap.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
My Sat Nav is stuck on the windscreen, as low as possible but in easy viewing access !!? :cool:

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi my MH is 2011 fiat to remove clipboard remove box above radio and there are two screws remove these and pull clipboard forward.

OP
OP
W

weewards

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Highlands, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Excellent thanks everyone for your posts, it looks like I now have all options coverered & I will try them out soon.

Thank you everyone.

Jan 26, 2013
france
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
four years
some handy tips here. we are planning a trip to portugal and spain to commence in the near future and are contemplating fitting a sat-nav and a dashcam.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back