Help with electrics

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Theresa100, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Theresa100

Theresa100 Read Only Funster

Hi there my 12 volt stopped working , it works on car switch but not van switch , was told it was unit but have traced the fuses and 30 amp fuse under cab keeps blowing and 30 app fuse on leisure battery blows, it works until I have engine running then stops , if anyone knows any caravan electrics in sl4 area that can help or anywhere else don't mind traveling if I can stay over in my van am quite desperate as have a lot of shows with no electric , I would be extremely grateful many thanks theresa:BigGrin:

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

split charge relay stuck open, so allows the van to try starting using the leisure battery. this draws more than 30amps so blows the fuse. could also of damaged the control panel etc

try replacing the split charge relay first

3. Theresa100

Theresa100 Read Only Funster

You don't know anyone that could do this , I have no idea where the split charge realy is or how to change it , but thanks a million for your advice thanks theresa

4. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

any local auto electrician will be able to locate and change the relay in a few minutes. they are normally near the vehicle battery although not always obvious

on my van for instance there is a flap in the floor behind the drivers seat and its in there. just follow the wire from the battery

• Like Like x 1