Help With Dometic Rm8501 Fridge Please (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi I have a Dometic RM8501 fridge and have a couple of the problems with it

The important one is that the plastic housing in the door for the top hinge seems to have broken and the result it that it is very difficult to open and close the door. Does this mean a whole new door or can I get an insert to fit in please? Also I can't find a way of getting the door off. Is there a knack to it? I tried taking the top control panel off (2 screws underneath) to get to the hinge fixings at the top but the wires are preventing me from pulling it off.

The less important one is that the internal light has stopped working. Is there a knack to getting the clear plastic cover (which covers the light and the door latch housing) off without breaking it please?

Many thanks for any help and guidance you can give.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, I think you can get a set of instructions online.
If it's the same light as mine, the clear plastic cover hinges on one side.they will try and sell you a whole new led set up for about 40 pounds.
If you take your old bulb to one of those car part shops that have everything, they may have a replacement bulb. I bought a few as spare, but alas, am in Spain at the moment :cooler:

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi, I think you can get a set of instructions online.
If it's the same light as mine, the clear plastic cover hinges on one side.they will try and sell you a whole new led set up for about 40 pounds.
If you take your old bulb to one of those car part shops that have everything, they may have a replacement bulb. I bought a few as spare, but alas, am in Spain at the moment :cooler:
Thanks for that Sue. Wish I was still in Portugal, but am home now.

I think mine has the led set up for the lights already fitted, so may end up having to replace the lot. Found one for £27 on line, but need to get the old one off first.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Bump ... bump.

Thought I would try bumping this one to see if any of you experts can help me with the first part of my question, i.e. how to get the fridge door off in the first place.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back