Help with Cornish sites please (1 Viewer)

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Oh OK, I'm pleased it wasn't you left stranded. Hope you're having a great time! The weather's not being over-kind, but at least this far west the rain often goes on overhead to Bodmin. Blue skies and white clouds at the moment this morning so we could be in for a reasonable day (hope so, lots of gardening to do today...)

Will you be taking a trip over to Scilly @Stagman ? - I really do recommend it.
Yep lovely day today. We will be punished for it tomorrow though!
Nope not doing Scilly Isles. Bit difficult with a dog. Mrs looked into it but didn't fancy the crossing for her or the dog.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Leisure Centre car park at st Ives has a field at the top for overflow parking. 4 of us MHs in there this afternoon. Bus took us (& the dog) down into town and back. Parking £6 all day and bus £3.20 return for the two of us.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Yep lovely day today. We will be punished for it tomorrow though!
Mmm. I was trying to get some gardening done yesterday but rain stopped play about 1.30, by which time I was soaked
wet-1332.gif

Nope not doing Scilly Isles. Bit difficult with a dog. Mrs looked into it but didn't fancy the crossing for her or the dog.
When we had the helicopter route, there was a dog-cage bolted in, it was in use almost every time I went across (had to go over regularly for work). For a single day trip now we no longer have the helicopter service I'd probably fly (Newquay or Lands End) rather than take the ferry (Penzance) - in fact I've never gone by boat, only ever flown
images

Leisure Centre car park at st Ives has a field at the top for overflow parking. 4 of us MHs in there this afternoon. Bus took us (& the dog) down into town and back. Parking £6 all day and bus £3.20 return for the two of us.
That's a good tip. St Ives is great if you're not trying to take a vehicle in
auto.gif

What does the carpark say about overnighting? - not allowed I imagine?

images

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Yep. Cornwall Council are saying no motor caravans, caravans etc permitted between 11pm and 8am in all their car parks that we have used so far. To be fair that leaves no grey area for misunderstanding....

Reactions: CWH

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Main one with the little wooden hut just after the shops

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
As a Cornwall council car park I would be surprised if this particular one allows overnight Motorhome parking. Every single Cornwall council car park we have used in the last 3 weeks (& there have been many) has clearly stated no motorhomes between 11pm and 8am. Have you overnighted here?

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Caravan Club site at Tintagel "Trewethett Farm" cliff top walks both ways along the coast, Tintagel to the left, Boscastle to the right.

Excellent sunsets and views, plus cream teas, yummy.

As already said Ayr`s Holiday Park at St Ives, not the Cheapest but probably the best views along the coast in all of Cornwall, on a clear day you can see all there way up to Lundy Island.

St Ives is 7 Mins walk kicking a tin, downhill on the way there a bit of a climb uphill on the way back, you can also walk into town along the coastal path which lessens the steep hills.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Does anyone know if Padstow park and ride buses allow dogs?

Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
Not sure if Padstow Park and Ride allow dogs but it's only a ten minute walk (downhill) into town.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back