Help With Battery Warning Light

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by lorger, Jun 22, 2015.

1. lorger

lorger Funster

when we went away in the MH last weekend I noticed a warning light for my Vechile battery' battery is only 3 months old and all seems to be working so I'm thinking its a fuse just can't find it.
    Here is a few pics of the warning light and fuse boxes I have tried all the obvious ones in the hab side and don't have a book for Vechile ones.
    This is without warning
    image.jpg
    You can see warning triangle here and low battery
    image.jpg
    This is the hab fuse box all seem ok
    image.jpg

There is a small fuse on the left on its own have checked that also ok image.jpg

Just a pic of hab battery and solar control image.jpg

This is a 50 amp fuse and smaller one both ok
    image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

have you checked alternator output? Drive belt maybe

3. lorger

lorger Funster

Thanks Roger, I haven't checked that yet. We first noticed the warning when the van had been sitting for a couple of weeks and would have thought the solar panel would have kept it charged, also no battery light coming on on dash.
    We are heading to Ben Nevis today so will give it a check beforehand see of I can find any thing.

4. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Do you mean no ignition light on dash, or a different battery light.

5. icantremember

icantremember Funster

In your opening post you say it's the vehicle battery that is showing a low voltage but I reckon the battery shown is your leisure battery.
    The solar may not feed the vehicle battery, so if the m/h has been laid-up for a couple of weeks (without ELH) the vehicle battery will be draining through the radio and any alarm.
    I don't think you have a fault but need to keep all batteries charged when not in use.

It could ofcourse be your flip flops causing the problem!

6. funflair

The indicator light on the panel in the first and second photo is for the vehicle battery, the leisure to the right is not lit up.

Martin

7. lorger

lorger Funster

No all lights are working and engine starting no problem I was meaning no warning light on dash, I thought there would be a red battery warning of not charging while driving. The engine battery is only a couple of months old.

The picture I'm showing I'd definitely the Vechile battery and the lesuire battery is fully charged, we drove over 200 miles last weekend and the warning was on beforehand and didn't go off so that's why I'm thinking its more a fault with the unit although I'll get the battery checked to be on safe side.

I have tried moving the flip flops and makes no difference :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. funflair

Hi @lorger your display showing alarm and 11 volts but the engine starts OK so it certainly suggests a panel problem, you could check the battery with a voltmeter it should be around 12.7 volts after resting from any charge source for a few hours, and 14 ish when the engine is running.

Martin

• Like Like x 1