Free Member
Jan 2, 2014
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
newbe
hi im a newbie here and have a question i have a rv with a converter charger thats a magnetek 900 series rated at 40A . The problem i have is that its overcharging and id like to know can i swap it for a english version ive found a zinger 20A one thats local to me for right money would that cause a problem or anything many thanks for your help

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I would suggest posting on RVOC as they are more likely to be able to help.
Your charger wouldn't be 110v by any chance, if it is and you are running it on 230v then it will certainly overcharge (or burn out completely)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
with a bit of wiring you can change to a more modern converter/charger

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
O

ollygogs

Free Member
Jan 2, 2014
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
newbe
it says on the cover 220vac 50hz 3.4 amps so i take it its not 110 v. How with a bit of wireing can i do this ??? i was thinking it was the regulator making it over charge?? many thanks guys only just found this forum tonight so still trying to fathom it out :shout:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Charger rated current (40 amps?) does not determine the level of charge to the battery. What is important is the output voltage of the charger. The voltage measured across the battery terminals, with the charger switched on, should never exceed 14.2v. Is yours higher than this?

OP
OP
O

ollygogs

Free Member
Jan 2, 2014
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
newbe
yes it was tested and after a few minutes shot up to 18.5 (was tested by a auto elect bod) he explained a lot to me about what it should do ie about 14.2 and how it worked but he didnt know much about rvs and motorhomes so help needed thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back