Help! What Sat receiver and dish for Portugal

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by bullrush, Aug 11, 2012.

1. bullrush

bullrush Read Only Funster

Being a compleat novice with satellite tv I was hoping to get a system with a magnetic or suction mount for use in north spain and Portugal. I think that the Astra 2 system seems to be best but what receiver do I get and is it an easy thing to set up. Not knowing a thing about it would it be possible to have 2 dishes maybe a smaller one for use in north France and a larger one for father afield. Can any one suggest a system to buy below £300......Ta Folks

2. Phill D

Phill D

Thats a tall order, you will need a good size dish fot astra 2 that far down. Also a dish and receiver for 300.
    Have lookat this on google Arcon multi 57cm... i use one on a tripod and have had very strong signals down to the spanish border, have not been into spain withit. I also use an old sky box and my sky card ( also got a sky freeview card for 25.00 from sky. Thay way you get your regional tv whenever you pick up the astra 2 sat. I also use a good quality sat finder saves on the blood pressure :) there is also an aps for a smart phone which will guide you to the position of the satellite.

Hope this helps:thumb:

3. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

This should do the trick!
    :Rofl1:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  4. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Would it fit on the roof of Buttons VW :Rofl1:

5. bullrush

bullrush Read Only Funster

Geee Thanks..........Thats all the helpfull advise I need

6. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Your going to really struggle getting any signal from sky in Portugal from any dish that you would be happy carrying in a motorhome.

7. Satandpcguy

Satandpcguy Funster

Astra 2A and Asra 2B carry a number of free and Sky Pay channels on north and south beams. The north beams can be tricky to receive, the south beams nice and easy.

For example, Eurosport 1 is on a south beam and easy to receive on 80cm dishes in Spain and Portugal.
    Eurosport 2 is on a north beam, and in areas of Spain may not be available 24/7 on 2.4m dishes.

BBC ITV C4 and Fives are currently, albeit temporarily, on Astra 1N - its located in the same place as 2a and 2B so no need to change the dish alignments! When these channels were on their previous satellite, 2d, some channels were not available even on 2.4m dishes. Now they are on 1N, then in most of Spain you can get them on a 80cm or 1m or smaller dish depending where exactly you are.

So yes you will get channels.
    But maybe not the channels you want.

8. Gunner29

Gunner29 Read Only Funster

Road pro

I'd get in touch with Roadpro for advice. I bought a system from them 6 yrs ago and still very pleased with it. Manage to get news and sport as far south as Almeria