Help - Water in my Double Glazing (1 Viewer)

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Don't beleive it. Some how water has got into one of the plastic double glazed units on my Burstner. Any idea how to drain the water and also how has it happened.
Thanks
Don

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
There should be a tab or pushed in sealing button somewhere, if in doubt just give Ian or Glenn a call and pick their brains:thumb:

01-580-881288 workshop option

Peter

Sep 11, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi
Had the same problem with our adria, water got into the door unit.no idea how it got in but used a fine drill and drilled the outside low level where it could not be seen and drained it,the only problem we had was it left a water line mark on the inside of the unit.we haven't noticed any problems with the unit and its still clear to look at, hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
This is a common problem for people owning A class mh on the double glazed front windows and is caused by a break down of the seal causing condensation to build on the inner surfaces. As the mh heats up eitheir from outside or in the condensation evaporates. I have sought many solutions for this problem. The most expensive being to have the whole unit replaced at a cost of ÂŁ3500 + fitting costs (for each unit) the cheapest is to have the inner glass remeoved making it a single glazed unit.

I am still hoping I might find another solution but as the glass is now starting to become dirty too I think I might well have to resort to the cheaper option for safety sake.

Norman

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back