LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Not had engine running and not been on hook up. Those readings just from solar panel why van in storage.

GJH just phoned .. he says someone has changed the panel over the door and must have put a 12v switch SOMEWHERE (why has it decided to seitch itself off) but we can't find one anywhere. . :(

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
The place I bought the van from Timberland years ago won't know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
To anyone who can help.

I've been speaking to Joy but it looks like somebody has changed the control panel on her van and probably located a 12v master switch elsewhere.
The first image below is taken from a Burstner Delfin 680 review I found on the web and is very similar to the one we have. The 12v master switch is on the right.
The second image is one which Joy sent me of her control panel. Unfortunately I haven't a clue about it.

Image1.jpg
image2.jpg

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Which one ? And this was after engine run plus hook up. The 12V does not re-connect automatically.
Fair one. When my ebl tripped out I only had to switch on the hab 12v not the ebl though. Maybe different systems.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Fair one. When my ebl tripped out I only had to switch on the hab 12v not the ebl though. Maybe different systems.

That is exactly what I am saying, the "12V switch" is inside the EBL the real switch you press is on the control panel.

I repeat "Why is everyone saying fuse ? The Electroblok controller turns 12V off if the leisure battery drops too low, you then have to charge a bit and press 12V ON."

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Joy if you have only tried it on gas is there not a reset button somewhere on the front panel.

My later fridge has one. Just try pushing in all the (gas/flashing) buttons for a few seconds, one may be a reset.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The second image is one which Joy sent me of her control panel. ]

Second row down, 3 across there is a lightbulb symbol - could that be the 12V switch. Try pressing it.
4 across seems to be a setup button, might be in there but my guess is the bulb.

Reactions: GJH
Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
As an RV owner I cannot help but, if it starts, the best answer MIGHT be to go to the meet where I suspect the "problem" will be quickly solved by the collective knowledge of gathered FUNSTERS. If it cannot be fixed there you might have to suffer warm wine or borrow some fridge space from a friend.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Brian .. bulb is just going from room to room saying switched on .. kitchen bedroom bathroom etc. The fourth one is settings on the panelsuch as alarm clock date and time etc

I have searched all the cupboards for a switch to no avail. Going for cuppa now as very cold in van .. but will take seats out and scour round the battery units etc when get back in .. although cannot see any way it could have been switched off accidentally under there..

Thanks everybody .. will be back to myther you soon. Xx

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
That is exactly what I am saying, the "12V switch" is inside the EBL the real switch you press is on the control panel.

I repeat "Why is everyone saying fuse ? The Electroblok controller turns 12V off if the leisure battery drops too low, you then have to charge a bit and press 12V ON."
Every day is a school day on FUN. :) Still with 12.6 v on the panel it wouldn't appear the hab batts went flat though.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I had the big main 50 amp blade fuse located next to the hab battery go for no apparent reason on my T680 a couple of years ago, replaced it and it's been fine since. The digital display is a bit different to mine but could it just be reading 12.6 volts from the solar panel output ?

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hope You get it sorted Joy, get to the meet, no fridge is not the end of the world ,this weather :cold:and will be plenty of help there.:smiley:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I had the big main 50 amp blade fuse located next to the hab battery go for no apparent reason on my T680 a couple of years ago, replaced it and it's been fine since. The digital display is a bit different to mine but could it just be reading 12.6 volts from the solar panel output ?
Just been reading the book and it mentions the 50v fuse ... are they expensive and would Halfords sell them?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
As alluded to it could well be the voltage shown is from the solar panel & the battery is dead ? Only way to tell would be with a meter on the leisure battery.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
As alluded to it could well be the voltage shown is from the solar panel & the battery is dead ? Only way to tell would be with a meter on the leisure battery.

Thanks Gus but when the battery was dead last time and I needed a new one the voltage showed 3.4 or similar so the voltage is probably from battery.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
At least at the meet you would have given the batteries a good charge up if that is the fault and you just have to find the switch to turn the 12 v back on line rather than having to look for fuses that may or may not have blown.(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It last worked at Malvern caravan meet.

Do you think a fuse could stop it working. I have switched engine on and it not work on 230v. I never seitch my 12v off.
Surely it should work on 230 even if 12v is flat or off.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Just been reading the book and it mentions the 50v fuse ... are they expensive and would Halfords sell them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...H0.X50+amp+.TRS0&_nkw=50+amp+fuse&_sacat=9884

Somewhere around a fiver on eBay so I expect halyards would sell them. But you really need to find it and see which one/type you need.
If you don't mind me asking where exactly are you in the country at the moment?

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Brian .. bulb is just going from room to room saying switched on .. kitchen bedroom bathroom etc. The fourth one is settings on the panelsuch as alarm clock date and time etc

I have searched all the cupboards for a switch to no avail. Going for cuppa now as very cold in van .. but will take seats out and scour round the battery units etc when get back in .. although cannot see any way it could have been switched off accidentally under there..

Thanks everybody .. will be back to myther you soon. Xx

Hi Joy

Hope this isn't a stupid suggestion - on your panel there is a plug sign with a line through, does that signify non-ehu therefore 12v? Sorry if it isn't one you can press, just wondered.

Does your control panel have a manufacturers name or model number on it, so we can try and trace it? Not a lot on Google seemingly that seems useful. Hope you can get started and get to NF, hope to see you there.

Lesley. xxx

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Joy just go to the meet and get some help there. X
@movan Good advice from Sandra Joy. I tried to start my fridge yesterday and it wouldn't fire up. I posted on the New Forest thread and had the offer of two fridges from very kind FUNsters I have never met (y)
Not sure if my fridge will work when I get there but I'm not worried as I know there will be help on hand.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi
Hi Joy

Hope this isn't a stupid suggestion - on your panel there is a plug sign with a line through, does that signify non-ehu therefore 12v? Sorry if it isn't one you can press, just wondered.

Does your control panel have a manufacturers name or model number on it, so we can try and trace it? Not a lot on Google seemingly that seems useful. Hope you can get started and get to NF, hope to see you there.

Lesley. xxx
LESLEY .. HI.. yes that tells me I am not on hook up and am on 12v.

Getting really confused now.

Looked under seats and everywhere for a switch. These lights show 2 red and 2 green .. is that ok?

X
20161027_145214.jpg

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Hi Joy, if the van starts you can keep warm, check the van 'bits' work - lights etc and set off for the meet, someone will sort it for you(y)

I just got back from Spain with the ignition/alternator light on the whole time, got home and it hasn't come back on yet (except before starting it - as it should

:doh:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Going to set off driving now .. will use torches for light whilst in layby tonight.

Hi Mike .. am setting off for New Forest and hopefully someone there can sort or I am snookered really ..

Will keep you kind people informed. Xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back