Help, Toothbrush & toothpaste holder? (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Seeing Gromett's thread about soap dispensers prompted me to start this thread.

Our Autoquest had a built in toothbrush holder but there isn't one in the Burstner. We've been looking for one which we can attach to the foot of the mirror by sticky pads or a twist & lock mechanism and can't find one anywhere.

Any ideas?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
This any good

Attachments

• Plumbing_ViceGrips.jpg
    Plumbing_ViceGrips.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 22

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I know Graham, those German vans are crap.. Your British van of course was luxury in comparison.

Try ebay, we had a suction one in our last continental van, of course now being in a British van, we have the customary tooth brush holder and soap dish. :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Graham,

We've got the same problem. I quite like the look of this:

Link Removed

Or if you'd rather not risk sending £2.39 to Hong Kong, what about these:

Link Removed

Or for the more traditional look:

Link Removed

I spend far too much time scouring ebay when I should be doing more productive things...

Steve :Smile:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hate to throw this thought in but in a motorhome how far away is the toilet from your toothbrush in its holder? Should be a minimum of 6 ft between them. Admittedly a cassette toilet is possibly a little less likely to spray bacteria around the cabin, as long as lid is closed while flushing but an exposed toothbrush (rarely totally dry) in such close proximity to a toilet isn't a great idea.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hate to throw this thought in but in a motorhome how far away is the toilet from your toothbrush in its holder? Should be a minimum of 6 ft between them. Admittedly a cassette toilet is possibly a little less likely to spray bacteria around the cabin, as long as lid is closed while flushing but an exposed toothbrush (rarely totally dry) in such close proximity to a toilet isn't a great idea.

Ah ha! Now, don't get me started on this one:winky:
Women think of these things........sadly men don't bother about this or even give it another thought:Blush:
I once had an argument with a male sales person in a bathroom showroom about toilet lids etc, he said they shouldn't be left down whilst the loo is being flushed. I said, of course they should, for goodness sake, that's the whole point of having a lid!!!!! Hygiene!!!

Men, toilet lids, toilet seats........another thread methinks!!:roflmto:

At the risk of getting a barrage of abuse from the men, I always suggest to hubby that he would be better to take his toiletry bag and bits 'n' pieces across to the toilet block!!:thumb:
Just think of the fresh air and exercise you will get from the short walk across..............:roflmto:
Margaret

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I know Graham, those German vans are crap.. Your British van of course was luxury in comparison.

Try ebay, we had a suction one in our last continental van, of course now being in a British van, we have the customary tooth brush holder and soap dish. :RollEyes:

Our van is French and has a soap rack thing and a toothbrush holder and a thing to hold a glass and a thing in the shower to hold shampoo and shower gel which stays where it should in transit and another soap dish.
To be fair we don't use soap only those pump things and our toothbrushes (electric) don't fit the toothbrush holder, nonetheless they are there without being British.:Smile:

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have people to hold my tooth brush for me and a couple of them are trained to dispense the correct amount of toothpaste when required... :winky:

JJ :Cool:
There's always an obvious answer when it's pointed out isn't there. Would that I had the charm to be able to attract such devotion :roflmto::roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back