Help, Toothbrush & toothpaste holder?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by GJH, Mar 6, 2012.

1. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Seeing Gromett's thread about soap dispensers prompted me to start this thread.

Our Autoquest had a built in toothbrush holder but there isn't one in the Burstner. We've been looking for one which we can attach to the foot of the mirror by sticky pads or a twist & lock mechanism and can't find one anywhere.

Any ideas?

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

This any good

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  3. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

I know Graham, those German vans are crap.. Your British van of course was luxury in comparison.

Try ebay, we had a suction one in our last continental van, of course now being in a British van, we have the customary tooth brush holder and soap dish. :RollEyes:

• Like Like x 1
  4. BritStops

BritStops Trader BritStop Owner

Hi Graham,

We've got the same problem. I quite like the look of this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Set-Hom...ssories_SM&hash=item460102758a#ht_4320wt_1270

Or if you'd rather not risk sending £2.39 to Hong Kong, what about these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPER-SUC...ssories_SM&hash=item2a1a5441ec#ht_1267wt_1037

Or for the more traditional look:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Showerdra...ssories_SM&hash=item3cb4405a0e#ht_1744wt_1037

I spend far too much time scouring ebay when I should be doing more productive things...

Steve :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Hate to throw this thought in but in a motorhome how far away is the toilet from your toothbrush in its holder? Should be a minimum of 6 ft between them. Admittedly a cassette toilet is possibly a little less likely to spray bacteria around the cabin, as long as lid is closed while flushing but an exposed toothbrush (rarely totally dry) in such close proximity to a toilet isn't a great idea.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Ah ha! Now, don't get me started on this one:Wink:
    Women think of these things........sadly men don't bother about this or even give it another thought:Blush:
    I once had an argument with a male sales person in a bathroom showroom about toilet lids etc, he said they shouldn't be left down whilst the loo is being flushed. I said, of course they should, for goodness sake, that's the whole point of having a lid!!!!! Hygiene!!!

Men, toilet lids, toilet seats........another thread methinks!!:Laughing:

At the risk of getting a barrage of abuse from the men, I always suggest to hubby that he would be better to take his toiletry bag and bits 'n' pieces across to the toilet block!!:thumb:
    Just think of the fresh air and exercise you will get from the short walk across..............:Laughing:
    Margaret

• Like Like x 1
  7. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Our van is French and has a soap rack thing and a toothbrush holder and a thing to hold a glass and a thing in the shower to hold shampoo and shower gel which stays where it should in transit and another soap dish.
    To be fair we don't use soap only those pump things and our toothbrushes (electric) don't fit the toothbrush holder, nonetheless they are there without being British.:Smile:

8. JJ

JJ Funster

I have people to hold my tooth brush for me and a couple of them are trained to dispense the correct amount of toothpaste when required... :Wink:

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 2
  9. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

There's always an obvious answer when it's pointed out isn't there. Would that I had the charm to be able to attract such devotion :Laughing::Laughing:

• Like Like x 1