Help! Talktalk email issues

Discussion in 'Computers' started by gordoncbrown, May 19, 2014.

1. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

I have been using talktalk for several years now without issue until now. I chose to leave lots of mail on the webmail as I could retrieve it from anywhere. Insurance docs etc. Thought this would be handy. I only delete from outlook locally at home and this has been working for several years. Now when I go online to check webmail it only has the last 7 days. Does anyone know if something has changed at talk talk? I have called them and they say everything looks ok.
    Nothing in Spam. Deleted items folder only has items I have deleted and not the missing mail.
    Hope someone can help. Thanks

2. OddSocks

OddSocks Read Only Funster

Sounds like you have changed your default view. There will be a view option. You must have hit the 7 day view. I don't have talk talk here, but if you scour the page for your view options, or some thing similar, you should find your answer there.

3. Caztur

Caztur Funster

I'm with AOL which I believe is part of the same lot now. My e-mail does the same when I view it on my tablet, but on the desktop it's fine.

4. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

most email service providers have it in their small print that they reserve the right to remove old messages after 30 days. also most have a maximum storage capacity and once over the high tide level will start bouncing emails. have had that problem numerous times over the years with emails sent bouncing back because the addressee has reached their space limit

my own email I use a paid for server service for which i own the domain name. solves all the storage issues and cuts out most spam and malware emails before i download