LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
As Sandra has said, I'm here at Parc Verger safe and sound and have just got on the internet after being entertained and fed by the munchies (Stef and Ken thank you again!) along with Armytwowheels.

Colin and Ken will be giving the fridge a going over tomorrow

Big thank you to everyone for all your help and advice Fun is absolutely the best due to all you amazing people! Special thanks to Frankie, @yodeli , for co-ordinating everything! :)

Glad you are OK and things are getting sorted.

Ken and Steph are two of the best, you're in good hands there. Not met Armytwowheels but seem top people also !! And as for Frankie :clap2:

Hope you are soon back on your travels, trouble free.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
As an update, Colin (thanks for lending him Sandra!) of Armytwowheels fame checked the fridge over this am and all is well thankfully. Ken (Munchies) and Steph went shopping and picked me up a CO monitor so I'm all safe and tickety boo.
@jumartoo I can tell you that Armytwowheels are fantastic people- a very warm, friendly, down to earth and knowledgeable couple. They can also be added to the two of the best list with Steph and Ken!!! Mmmmhhh maybe there should be a club!!!
Thanks again everyone:)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
You are welcome Bridget. Last night I would have cheerfully given Colin away! He was well and truly Munchied and snored like a trooper all through the night in a wine induced coma!

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
It was an exceptionally windy night (van rocking windy) and I was vent side on to the wind. I seem to have a little draft around my hab door so is thought that fumes poss coming back in. My new super duper CO meter is showing 0 ppm and I am no longer smelling gas with the fridge on :)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It was an exceptionally windy night (van rocking windy) and I was vent side on to the wind. I seem to have a little draft around my hab door so is thought that fumes poss coming back in. My new super duper CO meter is showing 0 ppm and I am no longer smelling gas with the fridge on :)

hmm.. sorry, but I'm not convinced , if it were that windy the flue gas would be blown away..

.. how about the seal around the fridge.. was it checked.. if there is gap, flue gas may have been blown in there

but at least you now have a CO detector..

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Dear Mr Munc

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
My imaginary friend told me so! Think of it as medicine![/QUOTE said:
Which imaginary friend would that be and how do you know if they are imaginary?? :LOL:

oops that wasn't meant to happen!!

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
@ScotJimland , I understand your point and would need to defer to Colin on your question. Like you say, at least I now have a decent CO monitor and will be very vigilant when I go back on gas.

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
You are welcome Bridget. Last night I would have cheerfully given Colin away! He was well and truly Munchied and snored like a trooper all through the night in a wine induced coma!
Just chuckling to myself at the memory of it and your term (s) of endearment :ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
To test for a seal.. , next time it is windy and blowing into the fridge vents, feel around the fridge.. both sides, top and bottom, it should be draught free .. If not that is more likely the culprit than the hab door ..

a good way to check is with the smoke from a lit cigarette ..

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
What model fridge do you have? And at the time you smelt 'gas', was this the stench of fresh LPG (i.e. raw gas) or was it a flue-type smell? Can you describe exactly where it seemed to be coming from? Finally, were you using a fairly new gas bottle at the time, or was it nearly empty?
I ask since I have experienced a smell of LPG from around the fridge thermostat knob, but only when running on an almost empty cylinder. Apparently this is a known issue.

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Hi @JeanLuc , it was a new gas bottle before this trip . The fridge/ freezer is a Dometic 7855L The smell was when I was stood next to the fridge which is beside the door. It was a fresh gas smell like when your hob ring has blown out but a weakened version if that makes sense. Not that I want it to happen again but if it does I will check a little more thoroughly to see exactly where the smell is coming from.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Hi @JeanLuc , it was a new gas bottle before this trip . The fridge/ freezer is a Dometic 7855L The smell was when I was stood next to the fridge which is beside the door. It was a fresh gas smell like when your hob ring has blown out but a weakened version if that makes sense. Not that I want it to happen again but if it does I will check a little more thoroughly to see exactly where the smell is coming from.
Yours is a more modern fridge than mine, but perhaps there is a similar issue. When I am running on an almost empty bottle, there is sometimes a very faint whiff of what smells like LPG from the thermostat knob. As soon as I switch over to a full gas bottle it disappears. I have had the fridge checked and pressure tested and I know it is not faulty.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We get that in static just as bottle runs out. New bottle and smell goes!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back