Help required please with my 2nd hand Rollerteam 600g (1 Viewer)

soaps

Free Member
Jan 24, 2011
Newton Abbot
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since last week!
Hi all, just bought last week a 2007 Rollerteam 600g. All seems ok, but my wife has mislaid all the manuals as we're decorating! I have turned the red masterkey on, but seem to have no life at all from the leisure battery. I'm not sure if its flat or if maybe there is a fuse blown? Can i leave the red masterkey on when its plugged into the mains or when you are driving? (How do you charge it!?)
Also if we want to watch TV while driving, do you need a 12v tv, or can you use a 240v one????
Sorry but its all new to me!!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi soaps

Welcome to fun

I dont have the same van but when i put my ignition on the 12v in the back turns off also i have a switch to change the 12v from Veh to Les battery and i also have a master switch near the habitation door that turns everything off and on so have a look at this first. As for leaving it key on when on mains im sure folk in here have mentioned its not a good idea but i dont know for sure, i have started my van to move it a few inches while plugged in and all was ok. Watching tv on the move firstly you would need a 12v tv and a in motion sat system so the passengers could view it i think they are about £1500 ish.

Hope this helps if any more questions please ask.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I suspect we have a terminoligy error:whatthe:
"Red Master Key" is your main ignition/starter key if you have a Fiat of certain year manufacter
I think your talking red master switch:thumb:
Not picking holes in your first post, just trying to clarify:winky:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Continental vans do not normally cut power to the habitation area when driving. Our present van doesnt (Adria) and our past one which was the CI (same as rollerteam) never.

You will however need either a 12v tv or a small inverter to run a standard TV if you want it to work off hook up. Personally the 12v is best if not more expensive.

if I think you are asking, can you drive with the master switch on whilst driving ie then giving power to the habitation area then yes you can. if it was a problem they normally override this things for you to prevent it.

If however you are talking about the red master key that Fiat used to do, Im a little lost.

Do your electrics work when plugged in? from memory you will need the masters witch turned on. How long since the van was used? could well be a flat leisure battery, plug it in, get it charged, and then unhook and see how it goes. If it's still completely flat and nothing working, most likely a fuse on the control board in the wardrobe (normally) if not and there is a little power that does not last long, then likely to be flat battery.:thumb:

you will also find manuals and technical help here

http://www.rollerteammotorhomes.co.uk/media//r/o/roller_team_brochure_a5_1.pdf

http://www.rollerteammotorhomes.co.uk/index.php/technical-layouts
Oh and welcome to the forum:thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, are you meaning one of these: Link Removed

And have you got a switch on your control panel that has On / Off and also a switch with 12v on it ? Bob.

OP
OP
S

soaps

Free Member
Jan 24, 2011
Newton Abbot
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since last week!
Hi, yes it is the red master switch, not the red ignition key which i guess was a fiat thing?? Its a red plastic cut off switch. I guess i need to put it on while i plug it into the mains for it to charge?? I think it was parked up for a while and i assume although i drove it over 600 miles home, without the masterkey on it wont charge as its not connected?
Thanks for all your help though everyone, going back to the tv thing just wanted the kids to be able to watch a dvd while driving, i know we used to have a 12v tv in our old caravan (should of kept it!!)
Lets hope i can find the manuals as i have no idea how to fill with water, when the master key should be on/off, how the heating works etc etc etc!!??
Having a nightmare!!!

Enjoy_Yourself

Free Member
Jul 1, 2010
Pontypool, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You could try a dealer or Roller Team themselves for copies of manuals? Even if they were phtocopies at least you wouldn't be quite as in the dark as you are now.

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
We had a Rollerteam 500 and you also have to switch the (Lcd) control panel on (as well as the master switch - it's a Ford Transit, is it?). The master switch is used to make sure nothing drains the batteries when it's not being used. We normally left ours on .
Jill

gail

Free Member
May 27, 2010
North wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2010
Hi soaps, weve got a rollerteam 600 2008 model on a ford tranny chasis. I'll pull out our manuals and try to get a copy of them to you. By email if I can. Anything specific I can copy quickly for you? If this would help just let me know.

Gail Oh and welcome to motorhome.fun.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi , i had a CI Carioca ( same as Roller team ) the red master was under the drivers seat i used to leave it on all the time ( except in exceptional circumstances ) there is also a press button switch on the control panel that isolates the 12v electrics . this needs to be on. then all should work when hooked up to electrics and just let it charge up.:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Also if we want to watch TV while driving, can you use a 240v one????
Sorry but its all new to me!!

I suppose it depends how long your hookup cable is:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Unless you have a small inverter of course.
whilst an in motion expencive antenna will work, you wouldn't need one to play a DVD for the kids.
Welcome to the fun and don't take us too seriously. enjoy
BTW its Quiz night tonight 8pm in the chat room, come and have a laugh.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back