lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Looking for some help folks, my daughter Sophie is currently at home from Uni and started applying for for jobs for when she returns at beginning of Sept. The good news is she got a weekend job at Tesco's the bad news is she had to start this week to do training for a few weeks before going back up. I took her up and wildcamped for a couple of nights to save her driving but due to work commitments I can't next weekend, we have tried to get a reasonably priced B&B and tried AirB&B but due to the fringe we're struggling. Have tried a couple of CL's and the CC site at Silverknowes with no luck still waiting for Mortanhall to get back in touch.
So question is does anyone know any sites or somewhere we could park the van for her to save her traveling all the time as she has to start at 7 am some days.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I think there is a CC CL at Roslin and bus nearby for Edinburgh . Sorry don't know the name .

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
What Tesco Gerry and for how long? We are in a bit of a guddle just now and packing up to move.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bluebob

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2013
West Lothian
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013, moved from towing caravans
There is usually a C+CC rally in Dalkeith if you are a member Gerry. You would need to look at bus service from there so guess that depends on where the Tesco is located

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Theres a wilding spot mhs usually park up at opposite ocean terminal.
Personally if it was me I would park it up at Leith Links. No double yellows and beside open grassed park area.

tedontour

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
van conversion autocruise
Exp
since 1976
Looking for some help folks, my daughter Sophie is currently at home from Uni and started applying for for jobs for when she returns at beginning of Sept. The good news is she got a weekend job at Tesco's the bad news is she had to start this week to do training for a few weeks before going back up. I took her up and wildcamped for a couple of nights to save her driving but due to work commitments I can't next weekend, we have tried to get a reasonably priced B&B and tried AirB&B but due to the fringe we're struggling. Have tried a couple of CL's and the CC site at Silverknowes with no luck still waiting for Mortanhall to get back in touch.
So question is does anyone know any sites or somewhere we could park the van for her to save her traveling all the time as she has to start at 7 am some days.
can you not park at Tescos car park i seem to remember you could at one point ask the manager

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
can you not park at Tescos car park i seem to remember you could at one point ask the manager
I think she probably could but I'm looking for somewhere a little safer, she is going to ask her manager as a last resort.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
What Tesco Gerry and for how long? We are in a bit of a guddle just now and packing up to move.
It's the tesco at Colington. She moves back up beginning of sept but it would only be 2 or 3 days a week when her shifts aren't good for instance she finishes next Thursday at 9pm and starts Friday at 7am with the drive home taking 1:45. So I'm trying to get her somewhere for Thursday, Friday sat night. I'm going to give Mortonhall a call tomorrow as they never replied to my call today and will try CC even though website says they are full.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
There is usually a C+CC rally in Dalkeith if you are a member Gerry. You would need to look at bus service from there so guess that depends on where the Tesco is located
I'm not a member but would join if they had one there and not to worried about busses as I would drive the van up and she would take her car so I could always get bus home and leave her with car.
Will look into this thanks

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Theres a wilding spot mhs usually park up at opposite ocean terminal.
Personally if it was me I would park it up at Leith Links. No double yellows and beside open grassed park area.
Thanks Sandra I'm looking for a site close by at least for the first night as she'll be on her own and can't drive the MH so would have to leave it all day. We stayed at Mussleburgh harbour the other night and might park her there from nothing else materialises
Thanks anyway

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Is she only going to be on her own first night or the 3.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Is she only going to be on her own first night or the 3.
she will defiantly be on her own the first night, the Friday Saturday lorraine could pop up and they could wild camp somewhere like Mussleburgh harbour I just don't fancy leaving her on her own wilding in a city, although we have stayed there several times with no issues

Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
C & CC Temporary Holiday Site at Dalkeith Country Park until 21st Aug. Good bus service from gate approx quarter mile.

May 6, 2015
Teesside
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1980
Portobello next to bus station is another spot and very handy for the buses, there will be several motorhomes there as the fringe is very popular so she would be among fellow motorhomers and much safer than wilding alone.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Is it worth contacting Herriot Watt as I understand some uni's do holiday accommodation?

bluebob

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2013
West Lothian
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013, moved from towing caravans
I'm not a member but would join if they had one there and not to worried about busses as I would drive the van up and she would take her car so I could always get bus home and leave her with car.
Will look into this thanks
Sorry been offline travelling hope you got something sorted ☺

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Festival camping at Ingliston. Falkirk wheel maybe west of Edinburgh less busy.
Didn't know about this have tried to book online, says they have a fault and you have to phone and no one answering so will try tomorrow as this would be ideal for her.

I also called Mortonhall this afternoon to be told they are fully booked but if I go on to their website I can book a pitch with no EHU so might do this.

Spacegazer

Free Member
Apr 26, 2013
Kilmarnock
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I seem to remember seeing somewhere that boss of Tesco is a motorhomer, and doesn't mind rigs in their car parks ...... If I remember correctly, you nip in and ask manager of store.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks for all your help and suggestions, Mortonhall phoned me back today to say they have a cancellation for the Thursday and Friday so have booked her in there, only pitch they have is a super pitch at £35 a night it better be bloody supper. At least I know she'll be safe and is happy there.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Thats great and cheaper than b & b or travelodge at festival time and easy enough to drive to Colinton.(y) We will probably use Mortonhall when we've moved and want to visit daughters.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thats great and cheaper than b & b or travelodge at festival time and easy enough to drive to Colinton.(y) We will probably use Mortonhall when we've moved and want to visit daughters.
It certainly is as we were quoted £325 for a night in travel lodge, thanks again for your help and hope all goes well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back