Help Req Re Vet On Return Journey To Uk (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
I booked the Tunnel return to the UK a couple of months ago and never thought about bank Holidays and the like, anyway I've booked for Wednesday 27th at 9.50am. I now realize that I have got a problem with the 24hr-72hr window to get the dog passport sorted, the upshot of which means I have only got Monday or first thing Tuesday to be within the time scale and Monday is a Bank Holiday.

I am at present in the Ardenne (La Roche) and intend to start my way back toward Calais tomorrow so my question is does anyone know of a place we can stop en route, preferably outside Calais that has a vet that may be open Bank Holiday Monday or at least where I can book the dog in first thing Tuesday.

Thanks in advance
Les

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
You've got 24-130 hours https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad/tapeworm-treatment-dogs

Saturday morning would be OK, but I'd suggest you book as a lot of vets are emergencies only on Saturday.
Alternative is to phone a vet say Friday and book for first thing on the Tuesday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
It is cold wet and bloody windy in Todmorden STAY PUT but you have got 120 hours now so lots of vets before you cross,. We tend to use the one at Montrueil which is only an hours drive to the tunnel so that is an option

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
We've used this vet in the past in Wimereux,just down the road from the Boulogne aire,park in the road on the seaward side parallel to Rue Napoleon and walk through.discount for CC club members.Make sure they put the time as well as the date!

Broken Link Removed

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It's 24-120 hours so the absolute earliest you can do is 9.50AM on Fri 22nd and the absolute latest is 9.50AM on Tues 22nd. Have a look at the Google map thats linked to on 2 other threads running at the moment. You should have plenty of time and plenty of options.

Just out of interest is it also a bank holiday in France?

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Les as it is your first time back with doggy do not miss the turn in just as you get into the complex, it is on the right look for the little sign, there is a small carpark and a bungalow type building to take your pooch in so keep your eyes peeled or you get to a barrier and get a bollocking and sent back

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
It's 24-120 hours so the absolute earliest you can do is 9.50AM on Fri 22nd and the absolute latest is 9.50AM on Tues 22nd. Have a look at the Google map thats linked to on 2 other threads running at the moment. You should have plenty of time and plenty of options.

Just out of interest is it also a bank holiday in France?
Yeh, I'm afraid so

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Thanks for all your replies, shouldn't have a problem sorting something now.......don't know where I've got 72hrs from:banghead:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I have just used this vet. I possible have the phone number too, which I can post later tonight if you want it.
We stayed at a lovely quiet tucked away aire at Stella Plage N50°28'30.4" E01°34'38.21" and the vets is very close by at Cucq, 1288 Av. De la Liberation 62780. The bill was €60 but €27 of that was a new sandfly collar ready for our next trip. The vet spoke good enough English and saw us without an appointment. There was also parking right outside.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
It is cold wet and bloody windy in Todmorden STAY PUT but you have got 120 hours now so lots of vets before you cross,. We tend to use the one at Montrueil which is only an hours drive to the tunnel so that is an option
Sorry to hijack post but is there ever any other weather in tod?:whistle:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hi Les, we have just come back and left it far too late, try and get it sorted on the earliest option, not like me where we had about 3 hours before we had to rebook our crossing :)

We also found to our cost and the reason for the close call, in some places all vets close on Fridays (never did find out why or whether it was just the town we were in), but that with a holiday Monday could really make life hard for you

We found a lovely vet in Chateaudun, right next to a large hypermarket, easy parking, we turned up on spec and panicking, if that is your route up I will dig out the invoice, cost 32 euros (y)

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Thanks everyone, managed to get it sorted in Ypres yesterday afternoon, just hope there are no delays at the Tunnel as the timing is quite tight

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thanks everyone, managed to get it sorted in Ypres yesterday afternoon, just hope there are no delays at the Tunnel as the timing is quite tight
My understanding is that as long as you have had the checks done within the required time window it doesn't matter if you then sit there waiting for a week.

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
The time the Vet put on your Pet Passport must be no more than 120 hours, and no less than 24 hours, of your arrival time in the UK.

DEFRA web page quote – The treatment must be given within 1 and 5 days (between 24 and 120 hours) before your scheduled to enter the UK.

I'm afraid sitting waiting in France is not a good idea.

:france::france::france:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
The time the Vet put on your Pet Passport must be no more than 120 hours, and no less than 24 hours, of your arrival time in the UK.

DEFRA web page quote – The treatment must be given within 1 and 5 days (between 24 and 120 hours) before your scheduled to enter the UK.

I'm afraid sitting waiting in France is not a good idea.

As I said when I asked ,the reply was that the UK checks, in France , constituted the UK just as if you were there, as there are no further checks on arrival in the UK. The only requirement is that the slip is plainly visible on dash mirror. I will ask the question again & reply when it's answered.

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
When you present the Pet Passport at the Pet Passport Office they look at your booking form and check the arrival time in the UK of your scheduled crossing, by Ferry or Eurotunnel, is within the 24 – 120 hour window.

If the time and date that the Vet put in the Passport doesn't fit in the 24-120 hour window they can, and usually do, make you have the treatment done again.

It's the time you go in the PP Office to have it checked that matters – any travel delays after that are of no concern to the PP Officials.

When we've been in the PP Office I've seen at least two dog owners that have been refused entry to the Eurotunnel Terminal and told to come back next day with the correct documentation

Deleted User
Yes it's the check in at pet passport control that counts, no further checks after that.
We got our 3 done in Spain, Benicarlo, the vet dated the passports 24 hours ahead as she was concerned we wouldn't have time to get to Calais, so in effect she gave us 6 days, didn't need it as we were there 3 days later. Not sure if this is standard practice in Spain? But worth knowing for next year.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Reply from theUK APHA people.

"
Dear Mr López,

Thank you for your email received on 23rd May 2015.

Dog should be treated against tapeworm no less than 24hrs and no more than 120hrs prior to the expected arrival time in the UK. However where dogs have cleared check-in and the 120 hours will be exceeded during the journey or while waiting to board the vessel or aircraft animals will be allowed to travel provided that the animal will not leave the vessel, vehicle or transport crate after check-in."

So, as long as checked in within the 120 hours, all should be ok as already commented on.(y)

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Monday is NOT a "jours ferie" in France.

I strongly suggest that anyone visiting France googles or similar to confirm such things.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Monday is NOT a "jours ferie" in France.

I strongly suggest that anyone visiting France googles or similar to confirm such things.
I was just about to query that.

I suspected France does not recognise UK bank holidays in the same way we dont follow their holidays....except christmas and new year of course.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Not quite true, here in France the holidays for Dec 25 and Jan 1 (along with all the fixed date ones) are celebrated on the appropriate day not carried forward to the next working day unlike other workshy countries. :LOL:

BTW we don't have "bank holidays" but "public" ones nor do we have "Bastille" day, just a "National" day.

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
@KeithChesterfield - not sure if you have seen this?

@KeithChesterfield

Another vet for the list: -

Dr Laetitia Faure and Dr Flora Mille
Bailly Vétérinaires
1 rue du Tahuriaux
77700 Bailly-Romainvilliers

Tel: 01 60 42 06 66
clinique@veto-bailly.com

0845 -1230 / 1400 - 1900 (Sat 0900 - 1700)

Its the closest vet to Disneyland Paris. Car park for smaller vehicles but also possible to park on the road.
Not cheap! 80 euros for 2 border collies (supplied own Milpro) - included a thorough examination (much to the dogs disgust) and a certificate of health (superfluous to requirements).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back