Help req re French toll roads.... (1 Viewer)

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
I have tried to research this....but am now asking you lovely people for advice please.....:Doh:
We have never taken any toll roads. We still want to keep avoiding them...!! However, could somebody please tell me WHICH roads are subject to tolls in France?? Made all the more difficult as I know that some are partly free..?? :Blush:
Many thanks!! Ana x

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I have tried to research this....but am now asking you lovely people for advice please.....:Doh:
We have never taken any toll roads. We still want to keep avoiding them...!! However, could somebody please tell me WHICH roads are subject to tolls in France?? Made all the more difficult as I know that some are partly free..?? :Blush:
Many thanks!! Ana x

Have a look Link Removed at least a map that shows all the companies that control these roads. :thumb:

There is another site with more info on it, but I cannot fins it at present. :Sad:

Keith

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
OP
OP
gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
Thank you both!! It seems that there is lots of info as to how MUCH we have to pay in tolls but not which roads are affected!! :RollEyes:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Thank you both!! It seems that there is lots of info as to how MUCH we have to pay in tolls but not which roads are affected!! :RollEyes:

Microsoft Autoroute provides motorways in different colours to indicate which are toll roads, Red is free Green is toll. :thumb:
Many Sat. Nav. systems also have the option of choosing routes that avoid tolls.
Many maps have a Black line across the motorway to show a toll booth so you know after that you will have to pay. :Blush:
We don't like paying tolls but sometimes using them can be better to avoid town centres with which you are unfamiliar. Getting lost can cost you more in fuel than the toll. :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Ana,

Basically the green signed roads are toll free.

The blue signed roads with the word "Peage" are toll roads.

Other blue signed roads are toll free.

Don

OP
OP
gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
Thank you so much for your replies...basically I found it difficult to actually try to PLAN a route in advance....know far more about Spain than France....now, I will try to plan various routes "sans" tolls!! :ROFLMAO: Thank you! Ana x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back