Help removing Mobilevetta floor (1 Viewer)

greekone47

Free Member
Sep 8, 2013
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi can any one help me. I have bought a 6 Birth Mobilvetta Driver 57 Motorhome2000 on impulse and have found that all of the wooden floor has to be replaced. I bought the Motorhome as seen from a private sale. I would be grateful for any info or drawing showing how to remove all the units out and electrics so that a new floor can be fitted. Please help thanks

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
wow, that will be a mammoth task to take on DIY. basically the vans are built from the floor up. first they fit the floor and bottom cupboards, then add walls and roof. the walls are supported by the floor

the only way is to unscrew interior fittings then replace the floor in sections whilst the remaining floor and temporary supports hold up the sides. you need to use high quality waterproof ply and foam insulation. its a massively expensive and time consuming job. often costing more than the van is worth if paying for it to be done

i just hope you didnt spend too much buying the van and can sell it on for parts possibly

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
found that all of the wooden floor has to be replaced.

Floor implies some plywood but what is the frame like. If that's gone you really are stuffed.

But nothing is impossible and some wood isn't mega expensive. So find an easy section open it up and see if you can cope. The really critical area is the joint between the sides and the floor, if these have gone the body is held on by a scrappy bit of aluminium skin and the units inside. A good place to start would be an easy to get at section that reaches a wall.

Naturally the number one priority is find the leak.

Someone on here replaced the wooden frame with aluminium, said it wasn't much more expensive, you might find it if you search for aluminium + rot.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back